Product Planning Leader
Job no: 509506
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Support the Head of Product Management, Product Strategy & Planning team and broader Commercial function in the development of customer focused product definition for Aston Martin and lead subsequent delivery to market. Lead interface with the Commercial Take-To-Market (TTM) planning team for future vehicle programmes. Requiring cross-functional working with the commercial team and technical business functions.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Support product programme related planning, strategy, marketing and commercial activities. In particular, the development of the product strategy, product lifecycle management and interface with the Take-To-Market (TTM) planning team, including:
- Product positioning & messaging
- Customer product attributes requirements
- Product definition
- Volume and pricing strategy
- Feature take rate analysis and strategy
- Options & Colour & Trim strategy/execution
- Development of product launch plans
- Competitor and technology benchmarking
- Define research programme requirements
Lead product planning activities and on-going product strategy development including:
- Liaison with Heads of Carline, Programme Team and Engineering functions, including gateway reviews, engineering reviews and PST meetings
- Global pre-production vehicle planning
- Support TTM team in defining sales & marketing fleet requirements
- Input sales & marketing requirements into product lifecycle plan
- Develop tactical product actions where required
- Product performance reporting (e.g. option take rates)
Lead integration, planning & alignment of the product & programme requirements with regional teams.
- Lead interface with regional product planners (RPP)
- Manage product information & communication channels with RPP’s
Undertake other duties as required to achieve the Company’s objectives.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven experience in automotive industry role(s)
- Good presentation skills (written and verbal) and ability to use PowerPoint & Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively up to senior management level
- Excellent planning & organisation skills with ability to think strategically & tactically
- Strong and proven business acumen
- Collaboration – working together to achieve the business plan requirements.
- Customer focus – understand the finance and operations requirements and align them.
- Communication – articulate and listen to colleagues on a timely basis to ensure there is an honest and two-way communication of the business plan status and risks and opportunities ahead.
- Commitment – focused and fully accountable for supporting the business.
- Continuously challenge and improve – accept that improvements can always be made and supporting a learning culture where mistakes happen, but lessons are then imbedded to make the plan more robust and better.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend