Cooling System Design Engineer
Job no: 509499
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Powertrain, Vehicle Engineering
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Responsibility for design of whole cooling system configurations & leading design activities of cooling system components
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead design of Cooling System components & overall cooling system development across multiple vehicle / powertrain platforms & applications.
- Ensure System & component designs achieve L&C, IPR, performance, function, cost & timing targets.
- Define / maintain & apply component archetypes, design manuals & standards.
- Lead concept system /component selection.
- Create 3 / 2D CAD utilising Siemens PLM TeamCentre & NX Software.
- Manage external resource in delivery of 3 / 2D CAD.
- Ensure CAD designs achieve failure mode avoidance, design for manufacture, service & logistical requirements.
- Generate bill of materials.
- Create, check, approve engineering drawings ensuring correct application of GD&T / quality & AML drafting standards.
- Generate prototype & production engineering releases.
- Perform analysis & data judgement in line with final engineering sign-off requirements.
- Create & maintain system / component timing plans.
- Create & maintain system / component cost.
- Support quality history reviews, failure mode avoidance & design verification planning activities.
- Support all virtual verification activities including package, CAE analysis & virtual builds.
- Lead cross functional external supplier liaison through the inclusion of engineering, procurement & quality teams.
- Lead cross functional internal design reviews.
- Support prototype & production builds.
- Ownership of related concerns & containment activities.
- Support testing of system & components (virtual / physical).
Qualification & Experience:
- Significant experience required of OEM Cooling Systems at component, system and vehicle levels
- Expert technical design knowledge using 1st principles of Cooling &/or Refrigerant Systems
- CAD System In-depth user knowledge - Siemens PLM TeamCentre & NX Software.
- Knowledge of CAE techniques & their application within Cooling Systems
- Knowledge of Cooling Systems DVP & its application
- Knowledge of automotive product creation systems & timing
- Knowledge of automotive failure mode avoidance tools & techniques
- Knowledge of manufacturing tools, techniques, processes & materials
- Supplier management
- Mechanical engineering degree or equivalent qualification / experience
- Siemens PLM TeamCentre & NX
- Technical focus
- Strong teamwork & collaboration skillset, self-motivated & able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Fluent presenter of technical information at all levels including internal senior director level & external companies
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend