Project Engineer - Projected Phones
Job no: 509404
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To own and be responsible for projection systems including CarPlay, Android Auto & and region-specific technologies.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver projection systems to our customer via projection system Certification processes
- Work with UX/UI team to ensure requirements are captured properly
- Highlight areas for improvement hardware & software for future versions
- Ensure that the projection system requirements are incorporated into the infotainment platform including checking hardware selected for limitations or potential failures of certification
- Project manage the suppliers in order to ensure your deliverables are met
- Interface with Apple, Google, other support
- Conduct Aston Martin whole vehicle testing for your systems and features both within & outside of the UK with a focus on customer acceptance.
- Create test cases/plans for test engineers
- Manage bugs, organize fix dates with supplier
- Sign off on design implemented per requirements
- Work with a cross functional team to ensure that all stakeholders deliver the support required to deliver your systems on time and to budget. In particular working with the phone engineer to ensure phone and projected technologies work seamlessly
Qualification & Experience:
- Apple tools – FACETS, ATS, Beagle, Wireshark
- Apple Certification process
- Google Certification process
- CAN tools – CANoE
- Understanding of LIN/CAN/Automotive Ethernet
- Understanding of electronics/software and hardware design
- Data analysis & report writing
- Experience in delivering Infotainment modules.
- Proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing. Experience of vehicle level system integration in terms of hardware and Software). Experience of software development processes and managing software delivery.
- Experience of delivering infotainment systems, Navigation, Bluetooth and Media devices, Tuner and Infotainment HMI. Delivery experience on Infotainment OS system (windows, Linux, QNX, etc.).
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing
- Supplier management experience
- Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
- Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
- Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems.
- Knowledge of ITU tests and audio functionalities
- Understanding hardware including USB, Qi charging, WiFi 802.11AC, Displays and Infotainment unit functionality
- Collaboration – builds & maintains effective relationships within own function as well as across departments. Collaborates within teams to achieve goals. Team player with ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Customer focus – always focuses on high attention to detail & demonstrates accuracy in their work.
- Communication – ensures communication has a clear purpose, is factual, accurate & provided at the right time. Proactively shares information with colleagues & stakeholders. Excellent written communication skills for report writing & concerns raising. Able to verbally communicate at all levels. Able to clearly and concisely explain status to upper management
- Commitment – takes ownership of objectives, work activities & behavior, & makes informed decisions backed by data. Commits to deadlines & achieving milestones. Strong time management, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs.
- Continuously challenge & improve – takes initiative & uses data to challenge traditional ways of thinking & improve processes & working practices. Challenges design engineering to improve system performance.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend