Job no: 509393
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Reporting to the Director of Government, Corporate Affairs and Sustainability, you will support the development and delivery of Aston Martin Lagonda’s “Racing. Green.” strategy.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the implementation of AML’s sustainability (ESG) strategy, “Racing. Green.” Partner with colleagues to help ensure plans are in place and delivered, targets are met and measurement processes are in place.
- Support AML’s ESG reporting. Work with a cross functional team of executives and specialists in functions such as procurement, environment, legal, compliance, marketing, health & safety and investor relations to support the delivery of Corporate Reports including: Annual Report; Sustainability Report; Modern Slavery Statement and Gender Pay Gap Report.
- Responsible for supporting compliance with sustainability-related legislation and ensuring AML adopts industry best practices on ESG and sustainability.
- Work with the Investor Relations team to enhance AML’s ESG rating performance and perceptions of the company by investors. Support AML relationships with, and submissions to, ESG indices and ratings.
- Support AML’s participation in, and engagement with, ESG initiatives such as CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project), TCFD (Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures), FTSE4Good, WDI, SBTi etc.
- Work with and support our network of sustainability champions across the company to ensure engagement and delivery of positive change against “Racing. Green.” objectives.
- Together with the communications team, position AML as a responsible business. Represent AML and engage with stakeholders including sustainability and industry groups. Engage and influence our people to ensure sustainability is at the heart of decision making.
- Support relationships with local and corporate charity partners to ensure alignment with business and “Racing.Green.” objectives.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in sustainability or corporate responsibility roles either in-house (preferred) or consultancy.
- Broad ESG/sustainability experience and understanding of topics such as climate change, Net Zero, biodiversity, human rights, circular economy etc.
- Experience supporting the delivery of successful corporate sustainability programmes.
- Experience of ESG/sustainability reporting and engagement with ESG ratings and indices. You will be responsible for ensuring accurate ESG data in AML reports and to ESG indices.
- Familiarity and experience of ESG and investor standards such as GRI, TCFD, SASB, SBTi.
- Familiarity with current and emerging sustainability-related legislation both in the UK and other markets.
- Experience successfully delivering demanding and complex projects to tight timescales.
- Confident at communicating complex issues to senior stakeholders. Strong writing skills.
- Experience working effectively in cross functional teams.
- Experience working in a lean, fast paced corporate environment on multiple topics and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally in an ESG/sustainability related subject.
- Proactive and resourceful. Problem solver with focus on delivering results.
- Continuous improvement mindset with ability to secure high value outcomes.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to anticipate the needs of stakeholders.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend