PR Manager (USA)
Job no: 509325
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: USA - Various
Primary: (1) Aston Martin the Americas President & CEO
(2) Aston Martin the Americas, Chief of Brand and Operations
Secondary: (3) Aston Martin Lagonda, Director of Global Communications
The PR Manager develops, leads and executes public relations initiatives in support of the brand’s launch and sales goals in the Americas (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Chile, Peru & Brazil); executing strategies that maintain and enhance the credibility, reputation, and awareness of the Aston Martin brand in North and South America through earned media.
Working in close coordination with the global press function in the United Kingdom and various business functions both globally and domestically – including, but not limited to, Marketing, Product Planning, Network Development, Sales and Aftersales – the PR Manager leads the development of the brand’s Americas-specific communications, establishing region-specific objectives and strategies which are measured against globally established KPIs.
The PR Manager will work closely with members of the marketing team (Media, Advertising, Events, Brand Experience & CRM) and agency teams to align the broader communications strategies of Aston Martin into one cohesive effort.
- Develop and execute strategy for communicating externally to media regarding Aston Martin products, brand, marketing activities, design, and technologies in support of the company's sales goals.
- Proactively generate stories and solicit coverage about the company, products, services, industry trends, testimonials, programs, and events in print, online, and broadcast outlets.
- Communicate key messages for Aston Martin and act as the primary contact for press in the Americas.
- Devise and execute new product and corporate public relations plans in partnership with the members of the global communications team.
- Participate in the creation of the short & long-term corporate communications strategy and execution.
- Oversee the development of high quality, on-brand local PR assets which supplement centrally created content.
- Coordinate media attendance, and participate, in global press events and activities; organize and coordinate all aspects of regional press events and activities.
- Efficiently utilize and manage the brand’s U.S. press fleet to maximize positive media reviews; including management of regional fleet vendors, overseeing national distribution of vehicles, planning fleet lifecycles (approval, ordering, maintenance & de-fleeting)
- Management of a dedicated PR budget; including leading annual planning, activity prioritization and seeking approval; getting vendors and specific purchase orders approved and established; processing invoices and maximizing efficiencies where possible
- Evaluation and analysis of the effectiveness of press outreach efforts, and regional brand/product sentiment.
- Ongoing review of commentary of the high-luxury market, Aston Martin and competitive brand/products, to highlight opportunities and threats across the region.
- Pitch, identify, schedule and oversee regional and global executive interviews and speaking opportunities.
- Establish and advise a U.S. POV on a wide range of key PR issues, including, but not limited to, regulatory matters, ESG strategy, investment, partnerships, earnings, etc.
- Creation of press kits; speech writing for executives, lead interview preparation and notes; creation of Aston Martin One Voice briefing documents and press releases.
Brand & Lifestyle PR
- Align with central brand team to ensure a consistent and integrated promotional effort in support of the region’s business goals.
- Manage brand specific issues, maintain relationships with key media, and be the primary brand spokesperson to journalists.
- Support Aston Martin’s network of dealers in the Americas with press release and media list creation, counsel and approval of executive quotes, clarification of corporate positioning.
- Tailor all product communications messages and lead the creation or market translation of press materials – including press kits, photo and video assets, new product and feature announcements, and briefing materials – for the Americas and be responsible for news distribution.
- Partner with global PR and U.S. Product Management colleagues to establish each product's key messages, image and reputation in the marketplace, and increase consumer and opinion leader awareness through media relations.
- Manage product recall communications, briefing internal colleagues on product issues and being a company spokesperson.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Extensive experience in a PR/Marketing/Communications role or equivalent (work within the automotive industry and for an international, high-luxury brand a plus)
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with an even better attention to detail
- The ability to think critically
- Comfort working with, and counseling, C-suite executives and, in some cases, the ability to question the status quo (when appropriate)
- Excellent media relations skills with robust contacts across a range of automotive, business, & lifestyle media (references are always a plus)
- Experience managing agency partners, vendors and producing press assets independently
- The ability to work successfully within a highly integrated PR & Marketing function
- Experience coordinating within a global organization and the ability to tailor messaging to a variety of international cultures and norms
- Comfort working weekends, long hours and outside the “normal 9-5”
- Great organizational skills; a self-starter who is adept at managing his/her own workload and working within, and managing, increasingly complex business objectives
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on a semi-regular basis (c. 25% of the time)
- Automotive product and brand marketing expertise a plus
Primary: Aston Martin’s New York City HQ, although a hybrid schedule can be entertained on a case-by-case basis.
Aston Martin requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in advance of their first day of work, unless where it is legally prohibited to do so. Individuals in need of a medical or religious accommodation may contact Human Resources after a conditional offer of employment has been extended. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Aston Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend