Lead Planner - Osbra
Job no: 509307
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
Categories: Procurement and Supply Chain
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To manage the manual demand schedule for Osbra, inbound parts status tracker, communication of parts availability status and timing and transport co-ordination between Osbra, AML, Paintbox, Levertouch, STR and Aston Martin.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the inbound material planning and transport co-ordination of all Osbra parts for St Athan and Gaydon.
- Maintain manual schedule demand via excel tracker to prioritise Osbra production in the short to medium term until they can work further ahead to the VCS schedule
- Update and maintain tracker with shipment details and receipt details. Positively confirm Osbra shipments and transport lead times to then populate predicted delivery dates into AML onto tracker. Co ordinate deliveries in line with receiving hours.
- Communicate parts status and predicted delivery dates and quantities per part to all relevant AML areas for internal planning purposes
- Monitor forward supply status against AML production plan and work to resolve incompatibilities by requesting additional parts or re-prioritising Osbra production quantities to suit
- Attend daily Osbra status calls and resolve and feedback to supplier on all logistics and scheduling issues raised
- Manage manual transport plan for Osbra (approx. two trailer collections per day) ensuring capacity is booked in advance via DHL and timing and capacity meets Osbra’s shipping requirements each day. Ensure that AML transport records and sign off are maintained.
- Communicate transport status to Osbra and resolve any issues with Osbra paperwork and/or customs clearances
- Work to minimise spend on transport (currently £15k per day) by booking capacity as far ahead as possible, minimise demurrage (waiting times) and cancelling or avoiding excess transport capacity
- Arrange shipments to and from Osbra to external paint suppliers Levertouch, Paintbox and STR
- Spot check Osbra shipments once arrived at goods in, to check for discrepancies with quantity, parts packing or paperwork. Feedback any issues to Osbra to ensure all shipments meet our requirements for correct receipting and booking in at AML
- Ensure the loop for returnable packaging is maintained between St Athan and Osbra.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend