Job no: 509287
Work type: Full Time - Permanent, Shift Work - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To provide electrical support to the assembly lines and vehicle confirmation team.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To seek and repair electrical faults on the vehicle (which may also involve removal and re-fitting of interior/exterior trim.)
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment for re-testing and verification process.
- Read and interpret diagnostic equipment output to minimise rework time/costs.
- Recording & Reporting of faults back through to relevant areas of production / engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Engineers/suppliers with regard to electrical issues.
- Work on download stations completing work to takt while adhering to process instruction.
- Be able to check vehicle specifications conform to build requirement/ customer options using the relevant documentation.
- Storage of controlled substances / components safely in correct location(s).
- Support quality, productivity, and process improvements initiatives.
- Adhere to company safety, housekeeping and discipline standards.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- A full electrical apprenticeship (or equivalent) and have relevant automotive experience.
- Specialised knowledge of auto electrics, harness manufacture, and electronic module experience (diagnostics) is necessary.
- The ability to read, interpret and work to engineering circuit drawings /process sheets is essential.
- A knowledge of automotive electrical architecture & VCATS would be advantageous.
- Be able to work to Aston Martin build standards – interior and exterior trim.
- Effective communication skills are crucial, and the incumbent must be fully computer literate.
- The successful applicant must be able to work on his/her own initiative and also cope under varied workloads.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend