System Architect - Powertrain domain
Job no: 509280
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To develop System-level design from Feature requirements & ensure alignment with vehicle level electrical architecture. systems to deliver required functionality within component and architecture constraints. Leading architecture development, encompassing functional and technical work products primarily focused on the infotainment domain.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead capture of vehicle functions to create a logical architecture, allocate functions into ECUs and signals into networks.
- Derive System requirements from all customer/functional requirements
- Define relevant interfaces & create System & Logical architecture diagrams
- Lead system design of selected core features.
- Cascade feature requirements between affected modules
- Lead risk assessment of new features for compatibility with proposed EE architecture and components.
- Support the Integration Team so they can deliver the Feature Implementation Plan.
- Lead architecture proposal reviews, report out management status for gateways and support component sourcing process for the infotainment domain.
- Work with component & feature owners to define the EE architecture diagnostic concept for manufacturing end of line routines and service diagnostics (UDS ISO14229).
- Document the system design in the AML requirements management tool, creating system requirements specifications
- Reporting out of architecture work products at key milestones to AML product development process.
- Manage deliverables to support prototype vehicle development requirements and timing.
- Support functional safety related and CyberSecurity related tasks at the concept and system level, including item definition, HARA, definition of safety goals, impact analysis etc. Allocating E2E network requirements.
- Support prototype vehicle electrical system design & specification of bridging parts (hardware, software or coding).
Qualification & Experience:
- Knowledge of multiple automotive electronic systems from working as a systems architect on embedded systems in automotive or a related industry.
- Writing system specifications in requirements capture tools eg. Doors, Polarion.
- Network Protocols (CAN, Lin, CAN_FD, FlexRay, Ethernet).
- Diagnostics Protocols (UDS/CCP).
- Experience of updating components and vehicles with software & coding & reading electrical DTCs..
- Ability to create & configure CAN tools for logging.
- Ability to diagnose & solve technical problems.
Nice to have:
- Embedded Software Development
- Electronic Hardware Design
- E2E Signal Protection
- Mentor VSA Networks Tool
- Functional Safety (ISO26262)
- CyberSecurity (ISO21434)
- Knowledge of vehicle design & development process (AML Mission or industry equivalents, ie: GPDS , FPDS).
- Presenting system design & issue resolution to technical meetings.
- Collaboration – Collaborates with own team as well as cross-functional teams to achieve their purpose. Passionate about team effectiveness and its delivery which is reflected in results.
- Customer focus – Always focuses on high attention to detail & demonstrates accuracy in their work. Continually strives for excellence by critiquing own work and seeking constructive feedback from others to improve.
- Communication – Ensures communication has a clear purpose, is factual, accurate & provided at the right time. Proactively shares information with colleagues & stakeholders. Excellent written communication skills for requirements writing & concerns management. Able to verbally communicate at all levels, presenting status to the management and ensuring clear governance and reporting of work tasks.
- Commitment – Takes ownership of objectives, work activities and behavior, making informed decisions backed by data. Monitors own projects and work activities against deadlines, holding themselves accountable
- Continuously Challenge & Improve – Challenges the status quo. Considers traditional ways of thinking and seeks to improve and develop them. Actively challenges self and others in order to stimulate creative thinking and continuous improvement
- Competent in Microsoft Office toolset.
- Expert in CAN tools.
- Working knowledge of EA tools used for network design (VSA, PREEvison).
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend