EE Test Engineer
Job no: 509272
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
As a Senior testing Engineer, you will create testing plans, support test planning, review feature list, collaborate and create test cases, execute testing, produce testing reports, track defects and assist with problem resolution testing. Development of test methodologies/ Automated testing in support of system integration verification and Validation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support Test plan definition/resources for the vehicle line (s) and Integration Points
- Support Testing and tracking resources definition and support (vehicle type, labcar type and update)
- Test case creation and adaptation
- Support Development of test methodology and AML engineering Test Procedures.
Agree and develop Vehicle and Labcar properties to perform test execution
- Support Requirements tool improvements- Siemens Polarion structure and relevant processes
- Support Issues review and investigation support for test defects.
- Support on AML Feature list definition ensuring cascade of system requirements.
- Support on Integration Points processes definition and implementation
- Support HiL development plan/strategy.
- Support automation testing strategy/planning.
- Support testing tools strategies/improvements
- Supports concern reviews with progress reports and up-dates to electrical concerns
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years’ Experience in electrical testing of more than one of the following systems is preferred: body electronics, powertrain, chassis, networks.
- Experience of Hil, labcar and Electrical rig testing.
- Experience of VTestStudio and CAPL programming.
- Experience of System Integration Engineering and software delivery
- Experience of automotive pre-production build environments
- Experience of Electrical Engineering vehicle fleet support (issue definition, containment and rectification)
- Knowledge of software/feature fault diagnosis
- Experience of working in a cross functional team to tackle complex issue resolution.
- Experience of creating and adapting Test requirements in a requirements tool.
- Proven capability of vehicle analysis using Vector tools (CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape or equivalent).
- Understanding of Functional Safety and Cyber Security.
- Development of test properties such as rigs and lab cars. Feature requirements
- Proven capability to Reverse Engineer and create system/Customer test cases.
- Experience of creating resource and test planning in a Project
- Confident presenter
- Experience Vehicle ECU configuration and coding.
- Diagnostics routines and using Documentation of services.
- Knowledge of Polarian (requirements tool)
- Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes
- Knowledge of automotive product development systems and project management e.g. releasing, concerns, containments, gateways and sign off documentation, from concept to launch completion.
- Excellent ability in carrying out and directing electrical testing activities.
- Proven management of outsourced projects, and extensive supplier management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication, including appropriate escalation and reporting where required
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Team player & able to collaborate with others.
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking.
- Builds positive and constructive relationships and is aware of others’ needs and uses this to work well together.
- Notices issues and seeks to address customer concerns.
- Has skilled and accurate planning capability including identifying risks and devising contingencies.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend