Government & Corporate Affairs Manager
Job no: 509190
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Reporting to the Director of Government, Corporate Affairs and Sustainability, you will deliver the Government and Corporate Affairs programme for Aston Martin Lagonda. You will identify public policy-related risks and opportunities, provide government affairs counsel and implement advocacy activities
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver AML’s Government and Corporate Affairs strategy. Drive AML’s policy agenda and positions on a broad range of issues, designing and executing strategic advocacy and identifying opportunities for AML to advance its commercial goals.
- Monitor the public policy landscape for threats and opportunities, communicate insights to business leaders and functional experts, highlighting potential impacts and developing appropriate responses.
- Formulate thought leadership activities as part of AML’s advocacy and positioning to strengthen the reputation of AML with government, public policy and industry stakeholders.
- Represent Aston Martin Lagonda and engage with external stakeholders including Government, regulators, political stakeholders, industry groups, NGOs, academia and policy influencers.
- Implement and coordinate a structured programme of stakeholder engagement. Maintain stakeholder engagement contact management system. Manage and organize stakeholder visits to AML sites.
- Coordinate Government Affairs agency resources.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, ideally in Politics, Government, International Relations.
- Substantial experience in corporate Government Affairs or External Relations in-house (preferred) or public affairs agency.
- Experience working with and effectively advocating to, government, regulators, political stakeholders and other policy influencers including industry groups, think tanks, NGOs etc.
- Experience interpreting public policy and effectively presenting public policy issues and opportunities to internal and external audiences.
- Experience advising and briefing senior leaders and specialists on public policy matters and for government and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience planning and executing stakeholder engagement programmes.
- Strong understanding of UK parliamentary and government processes and stakeholders.
- Experience preparing written public affairs materials including position papers, Q&As, stakeholder correspondence and input to government, parliamentary and stakeholder enquiries.
- Experience developing thought leadership activities.
- Experience of international government affairs and engaging non-UK stakeholders.
- Experience successfully delivering demanding and complex projects to tight timescales.
- Confident at communicating complex issues to senior stakeholders. Strong writing skills.
- Experience working in cross functional teams.
- Experience working in a lean, fast paced corporate environment.
- European language skills could be an advantage.
- Membership of, and qualifications from, appropriate professional bodies such as PRCA or CIPR.
- Proactive and resourceful. Problem solver with focus on delivering results.
- Excellent inter-personal, advocacy, influencing, networking and presentation skills.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of stakeholders.
- Ability to operate and exercise judgment in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and manage relationships in multiple countries.
- Continuous improvement mindset with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills including ability to manage multiple projects and issues.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend