Functional Safety Engineer (Expert Level)
Job no: 509012
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To provide expert technical leadership to ensure Aston Martin’s strategy on achieving ISO 26262 compliance across all vehicle programs for body, chassis and powertrain.
To lead and perform product development activities within projects, relating to the application of ISO 26262 and SOTIF.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Support the development of Aston Martin’s internal Functional Safety process by developing and reviewing procedures, templates and process gates.
- Identify skills gaps and develop AMLs competence in functional safety through hands on guidance and training
- Ensure that Aston Martin’s products are developed in accordance with ISO 26262
- Key representative for all functional safety related concerns
- Prepare precise safety relevant documentation for management decisions
- Plan, track and report functional safety achievement of assigned programs. Recommend improvements and escalate concerns as appropriate
- Lead and support cross-functional teams on functional safety subjects
- Perform or support hazard identification, analysis and risk assessment, develop or support functional safety concepts and safety arguments (safety cases), develop or support safety analyses (FMEA, FTA etc.), cascade safety requirements to suppliers, develop or support verification and validation activities
- Act as a key point of contact within the team, providing technical expertise and support to ensure successful outcomes
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience as functional safety engineer and as electrical/ electronics engineer, systems engineer or software architect
- Experience in safety related systems
- Expert knowledge of ISO 26262 and preferred knowledge of SOTIF
- Experience in controllability of vehicles, in particular vehicle dynamics
- Proven knowledge of the product development cycle from concept to product launch
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical and electronic systems integration
- Experience of managing the delivery of automotive software and feature delivery
- Detailed knowledge of in-vehicle networks and protocols
- An engineering degree or relevant experience demonstrating degree level capability
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Creates open communication within own team as well as cross-functional teams to achieve goals
- Works with internal and external customers in mind, understanding their needs and anticipating their requirements
- Ensures communication has a clear purpose, is factual, accurate, and provided at the right time
- Takes ownership of objectives, work activities and behaviour and makes informed decisions backed by data
- Actively challenges self and others in order to stimulate creative thinking and continuous improvement
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend