Job no: 508977
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The role exists to identify and drive implementation of engineering and commercial cost reduction opportunities on all Aston Martin Products. It is a diverse role and would suit a candidate with a desire to broaden their knowledge of a variety of commodities as well as develop their commercial skills. The aim is to highlight activities that will help achieve the yearly Total Cost Optimisation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project management of multiple engineering initiatives, with the specific aim of reducing the cost of the bought out component / assembly
- Data interrogation with the specific aim of reducing the cost of the bought-out component / assembly
- Work closely with Bill of Materials, commodity leaders, procurement and TdC team to identify the best cost save opportunities and assist with building commodity cost reduction roadmaps
- Coordination of all Total Cost Optimisation ideas:
- Evaluate all ideas that are entered into the Total Cost Optimisation IT system.
- Collation of information from Total Cost Optimisation champions and assist with creation of business cases and presentations for all potential cost saving solutions.
- Escalate any issues to Manager Level as soon as possible to ensure rapid resolution and progression.
- Assist with organisation of product convention events across the business.
- Benchmarking – compare similar components within the AML parts library and competitor vehicles. Develop component cost database for benchmark analysis
- Develop, manage and present detailed timing plans to agreed deadlines
- Maintain effective internal & external communication with other departments
- Assist with communication of Total Cost Optimisation initiatives to the wider business
- Liaising with Finance department to deal with reconciliation and performance against targets
- Represent the department at periodic presentations to Directors, Chief Engineers and senior managers
- Assist with the scoping and development of a new system to link into Infor system and capture, measure and control TdC cost reduction savings accurately
Qualification & Experience:
- The successful candidate must have great interpersonal skills, be a team player and can work closely within a small team
- Ability to transfer knowledge and experience to a new challenge is essential
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office - particularly Excel
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- Self-motivated, with ability to motivate others to achieve personal objectives
- Passionate about continuous improvement, especially in context of cost reduction and personal development
- General knowledge of vehicle / component design and manufacture
- Experience of cost reduction initiatives, tools and techniques desirable
- Confident communicator with ability to present at senior levels of the organisation would be preferable
- The role requires someone with project management and some commercial experience, ideally with some negotiating experience
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend