Valkyrie Production Systems Engineer
Job no: 508841
Work type: Full Time - Fixed Term Contract
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To be responsible for Valkyrie production vehicle data management, analysis and diagnostics. The role will lead the resolution of electrical, integration and software issues discovered during vehicle commissioning and shakedown activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure acquisition of vehicle commissioning and shakedown data is consistently achieved.
- Responsible for instrumentation and vehicle module data logs to ensure quality of data, storage and access.
- Analysis and interrogation of data logs to identify and understand vehicle issues during commissioning and shakedown.
- Support vehicle software updates as required.
- Communication of vehicle issues & updates to engineering and after sales teams.
- Ensure concerns are raised on relevant issues and track progress through to closure.
- Lead resolution of issues that are impacting commissioning and shakedown.
- Be prepared to support production outside of core hours & shift working if required.
Qualification & Experience:
- High level of data analysis experience.
- Experience with automotive and motorsport data analysis suites such as ETAS INCA, Vector CANape, Pi Toolbox, MDA, Canalyzer etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CAN bus and vehicle networking architectures.
- In depth knowledge of instrumentation activities.
- Engineering Degree qualified or extensive equivalent experience.
- Excellent organisational skills both of self and others. Able to manage and prioritise multiple conflicting demands on time as well as the ability to meet deadlines.
- Good level of verbal and written communication.
- Strong MS Office Skills including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to integrate quickly into a dynamic and successful department.
- Highly motivated and self-starting. Happy to work under minimal supervision.
- Punctual, professional attitude as well as being prepared to take hands on tasks with a commitment to getting the job done against adversity.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend