Logistics Operations Controller
Job no: 506603
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
- Set direction and oversee all material handling operations with incumbent Lead Logistic Provider (LLP).
- To drive material flow annual plan, managing the interface to the LLP operation and process engineering teams.
- Ensure strong performance of internal logistics – owns budget delivery and operational KPI’s
- Ensure there is a strong interface with external logistics to ensure warehouse accuracy and space management aligns to deliverables / plans.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the LLP enacts the Material Handling (MH) operation in line within contract SLA, budget and KPI’s
- Owns tactical planning for Logistics processes to drive innovation and improvement (BiC) into operations - synchronisation of inbound to internal delivery with one touch vision.
- Ensure Logistics Engineering deliver robust, repeatable processes and strong manpower plans to ensure RFT/ OTIF delivery from the operation whilst challenging NVA which supports accurate Plan for every part (PFEP).
- Concur / Sign off all logistics space and flow areas - layouts, process compliance, material flow ensuring routing, equipment planning, ergo alignment standards delivered.
- Drive LLP manpower plan adherence and process for nonstandard activity in all logistics operations
- Lead plan and ensure process adherence for production change; takt change, new model introduction, ERN logistics sign off, packaging change & repair and any other process changes
- Strong standards in Workgroup (WG) – 100% Standard job instructions, NVA measures and workgroup KPI’s with strong training plans and launch readiness measures.
- Manage freight change impact inbound to internal - dock plan levelling, min/ max philosophy and utilisation linking with inbound supply.
- Plan and maintain work systems, policies and procedures throughout the MH operations focussed on standard job instructions and monitored through regular go-look-see.
- Challenge LLP ‘can do’ to make material flow
- Adherence to the reverse logistics process - packaging return and cleanliness to specification (and dunnage)
- Co-ordinate Problem Countermeasure (PCM) activity and kaizen implementation through standardised work.
- Visual factory owner - Strong signage and labelling standards - WG boards, andon controls and lean disciplines
- Focus on inventory accuracy through transactional discipline from goods receipt through to lineside delivery.
- Ensure strong behavioural safety mindset within the operation. Within this, ensure compliance i.e PUWER, ADR, material handling methods and ergonomics. Act as safety & environmental champion for MH.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experienced operations management background within material handling areas with a good working knowledge of MH planning
- Highly numerical person with great attention to detail and a strong PCM focus
- An awareness of Production Systems / Lean Manufacturing principles would be an advantage
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy, together with the ability to work accurately and efficiently, taking resourceful action during periods of considerable pressure.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend