Valkyrie Technician - B Grade
Job no: 502039
Work type: Full Time - Fixed Term Contract, Shift Work - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To be a member of the Valkyrie team and support daily build operations across several build stations- The technician is expected to liaise with build support staff including engineers (at all levels). Along with ensuring the highest quality of work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
With reference to work process sheets/ engineering work sheets and supervisors instructions
- Cary out processes across build stations
- Control point audits ensuring vehicle meets VIS standards
- Maintain control point data collection and flags data input
- Train technicians in the process and standards required using the EASE system
- Manufacture/ sub assembly of relevant components from drawings
- Must work to the highest standard of work
- Adhere to the new BIQ standards, with buy offs across all stations
- Carry out RIS updates/ rework sheets
- Adhere to company safety, housekeeping, and discipline standards
- Ability to work with drawings/ specification data
- Identify, by means of ECMS any improvements to or mismatches of parts operations that will assist in both product and/ or process quality improvements
- Storage of controlled substances/ components safely in correct location(s)
- Support quality, productivity. process improvements initiatives eg Kaizan, 6 sigma and PPS initiatives
- Carry out FLM and Lean activities
Qualification & Experience:
- Completion of an appropriate automotive mechanical apprenticeship (City & Guilds level 2 + or equivalent) and relevant experience / motorsport experience.
- High voltage understanding (Hybrid systems)
- Hydraulics understanding
- Carbon fibre work
- Ability to read, interpret and work to engineering drawings/ process sheets
- Good communication skills and a general understanding of computers including CAD
- Clean driving licence
- Candidates should be aware that they might be required to work away from base (e.g. at another plant or abroad) for short periods of time.
Belong at Aston Martin
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend