Senior Engineer - EDS - ETL011
Job no: 499462
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real
The Electrical department is responsible for the research and development of all components and software, including their system integration and sign-off.
To Lead the delivery of EDS for assigned programme(s).
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Business Planning – Define and manage long term commodity strategy. Define and manage programme and commodity budgets. Identify and deliver production cost improvements. Manage and balance resource requirements for team.
- Engineering - Deliver high quality, on-time engineering releases. Define engineering standards and specify components. Resolve technical issues within team and interfacing departments. Manage suppliers to deliver engineering content. Produce and pre-approve documentation for engineering sign-off.
- Manage spend for all R&D related activities within the area of responsibility.
- This position requires the candidate to lead delivery of component designs and sign-off documentation using their team to help achieve these objectives
Qualifications and Experience
- Significant experience with delivering electrical commodities within the EDS field. (Minimum of 3 years expected)
- Good understanding of automotive engineering process and tools.
- Experience of managing large suppliers and associated budgets.
- Strong and broad technical knowledge of Electrical systems.
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes associated with commodity production.
- Experience of leading a cross functional team including complex issue resolution.
- Experience in using Teamcenter and/or NX CAD tool.
- Experience and training in High voltage systems.
- Competitive Salary
- Access to Mercedes and FCA car lease scheme.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales, a new state of the art site and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend