Functional Safety - Project Engineer - PTN198
Job no: 499422
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real
To lead and perform Powertrain product development activities, relating to the application of ISO 26262. To support the strategic development of Functional Safety policies and associated business processes, and to ensure projects and products achieve ISO 26262 compliance across all vehicle programmes.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure that Aston Martin Lagonda’s products are developed in accordance with ISO 26262.
- Plan, track and report functional safety achievement of assigned programmes. Recommend improvements and escalate concerns as appropriate.
- Lead and support cross-functional teams within Powertrain department on functional safety subjects
- Perform or support hazard identification, analysis and risk assessment
- Develop or support functional safety concepts and safety arguments (safety cases)
- Develop or support safety analyses (FMEA, FTA etc.)
- Cascade safety requirements to suppliers
- Develop or support verification and validation activities
- You will be expected to champion a safety culture.
- Coordination of all functional safety activities across powertrain and liaise with functional safety engineers from other departments
- Provide consultancy and coaching for managers and engineers
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification, with relevant industrial experience
- Excellent knowledge of ISO 26262
- Extensive Functional Safety engineering experience (preferred Powertain systems experience)
- Experience in safety related systems
- Experience of working with Safety policies and processes covering functional safety
- Good knowledge of the product development cycle from concept to product launch
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Must be able to manage large workloads and prioritise accordingly
- Able and willing to train small groups of engineers in the application of ISO 26262
- Travel may be required, UK and overseas
- Access to Mercedes and FCA car lease scheme.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales, a new state of the art site and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend