EMC Expert - ETL043
Job no: 499409
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real
The Electrical department is responsible for electrical architecture & systems design and electrical component delivery. This department is responsible for performance specification and validation of the components and systems.
Technical specialist to define component, system & vehicle level corporate EMC requirements & ensure that all Aston Martin vehicles are designed & certified to achieve EMC legislation and a high quality customer experience.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Create and Maintain AML design best practice requirements & cascade them to component engineers.
- Create and maintain component, system & vehicle level corporate EMC Standards and cascade requirements.
- Lead Design reviews with engineers & suppliers to ensure best practice is applied using expert experience as well as formal requirements.
- Create AML corporate component test procedures & standards to the latest international standards (Magfield test directive 2013, ISO-11452-9 portable transmitters, ISO-16750-1, ISO-16750-2) to ensure AML components pass relevant legal and corporate level requirements to ISO and CISPR test standards.
Vehicle design & standards
- Create AML whole vehicle test specification to cover the following test specifics - Radiated Immunity off-board and on-board susceptibility ISO standards, Radiated off-board emissions Annex’s, on-board Emission CISPR
- Produce AML standard vehicle radiated Immunity event level classification matrix depending on class of component importance, critical (safety), Non-Critical, Convenience.
Vehicle EMC certification & customer acceptance testing
- Select external test facilities - Develop facilities requirements, utilisation, capabilities and impact to business. Recommending facility hire, internal test requirements or outsource..
- Manage testing to ensure certification & customer acceptance approval is achieved on time - create Vehicle Test plan detailing specific vehicle test modes of operation to ensure vehicle operates as expected without any degradation to vehicle performance. Includes full budget control.
- Support Antenna development new design and technology, support testing where appropriate. Audio testing interference, DAB edge of service.
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive Experience and development of EMC requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of Relevant EMC Homologation Regulations/technical directives and approvals.
- Proven management of EMC test plans.
- Extensive knowledge of Automotive EMC design Principles
- Developed/managed EMC testing and facilities.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in problem resolution and solving techniques.
- Knowledge of vehicle design & development process (AML Mission or industry equivalents, ie: GPDS , FPDS).
- Presenting system design & issue resolution to technical meetings.
- At least 10 years professional engineering experience in Automotive Electronics related design or test work.
- Competitive Salary
- One management lease vehicle and access to another vehicle via the Mercedes scheme.
- Up to 5% bonus potential.
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales, a new state of the art site and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend