IT Operations Engineer - Network - SYS021
Job no: 499377
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Information Technology
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
This role is to be split between design, project work and BAU work to support the existing network environment across all Aston Martin sites. The network layer consists of several parts which make up the underlying architecture that all computers systems rely on to function. These systems include the local area network, the wireless network, the wide area network, the telephony system, firewalls and security measures as well as video conferencing & MFD facilities. Any failure or disruption in any of these services could impact incident which prevents other departments from doing their jobs as well as stop the manufacturing processes.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Technical input on all Network related projects, across all AML sites.
- Work with the IT Operations Manager and Senior IT Operations Engineers to complete BAU work to enable efficient and secure delivery of the Network Platform.
- Responsible for ensuring optimum performance of the networked estate – performance monitoring, tuning, patch management & documentation.
- Provide Tier 3 BAU support as required through user tickets, which can involve basic to complex troubleshooting.
- Troubleshooting complex issues surrounding the Windows Server estate at both software and hardware levels. Working with other team members (networks, storage, application) to resolve issues quickly and put measures in place to mitigate reoccurrences.
- Provide support and assistance to 3rd line functions when needed & ensure customer queries are resolved quickly and efficiently, whilst providing training and knowledge sharing.
- Follow IT processes to ensure OLAs and SLAs are met.
- Understand advances and changes in related technology & work directly with equipment manufactures to assess new technologies.
- Develop solutions with a focus on reducing operating costs and/or increasing customer experiences.
- Ensure the security of the Wintel infrastructure and maintain compliance with all applicable security standards.
- Manage the Juniper Infrastructure.
- Manage and maintain the Meraki infrastructure.
- Support Firewall infrastructure.
- Support dependent services including DNS, DHCP & RADIUS.
Qualification & Experience:
- Incident and Problem Management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Routing and Switching Certification Track.
- Level 3 knowledge of one or more of the following: System Centre Operations Manager 2012R2, Virtual Machine Manager 2012R2, Orchestrator 2012R2, Service Manager 2012 R2.
- A detailed understanding of Active Directory and surrounding technologies including DNS, Group Policy, ADFS, PKI and RMS.
- Previous experiencing in configuring, installing and troubleshooting HP servers including the DL and BL range.
- A fundamental understanding of enterprise class storage systems.
- A fundamental understanding of networking including LAN and WAN technologies.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Competitive Salary
- Access to Mercedes and FCA car lease scheme.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply:
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales, a new state of the art site and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend