Controls Manager - Powertrain Calibration and Controls - PTN123
Job no: 499371
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real
This role exists to enable the production of in-house control solutions for our future powertrain families. To develop solutions for both control modules and software for the Powertrain on test beds and in vehicle. To manage and develop test programmes to prove. To take ownership of powertrain modules and to support Senior Management in delivering the strategy and the vision of the Controls team.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Lead a team of controls engineers and all aspects of control system development, from requirements definition to validation
- Define tools and methodologies to support the control strategy development, overseeing the full V-cycle process
- Technical expert for ICE and HEV control systems
- Support Senior Manager to deliver Calibration team goals
- Lead module development and support integration of powertrain controllers including Hybrid and Electric vehicle.
- Lead ISO26262 Functional Safety activities for the Powertrain department
- Lead Powertrain EEA system requirements
- Manage external suppliers to achieve team goals
- Represent the company externally at a senior level
- Prepare project-timing plans for the Powertrain and programme teams to support model year actions and major design changes.
- Report progress vs plans at a Senior level within AML
- Prepare reports of all findings, and present these to all levels up to director technical meetings as required
- Guide, direct and train to develop other team members
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to Degree level
- Significant experience of MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow for control system design and validation
- Significant experience within automotive vehicle manufacturer
- Experience of Hybrid and Electric vehicle architectures
- Previous experience as team leader
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in hot and cold climates on occasion
- Prepared to support overseas suppliers on a regular basis
- Full driving license
- Competitive Salary
- One management lease vehicle and access to another vehicle via the Mercedes scheme.
- Up to 5% bonus potential.
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales, a new state of the art site and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend