Manager EMS Integration - PTN024
Job no: 499331
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real
This role exists to enable the production of in house calibration for our future engine families. To develop calibrations for the Powertrain on test beds and in vehicle. To manage the calibration test programmes and the numerous suppliers required achieving delivery of a fully certified vehicle calibration system meeting the programme objectives. To assess and feedback issues to the Powertrain calibration team to enable the calibration to meet Worldwide certification standards.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Lead and Manage a small team within the Calibration department on defined vehicle programmes as defined by Powertrain Senior Calibration Manager.
- Manage and support calibration activity on defined projects, assimilate and distribute knowledge within the team reporting to the Powertrain Senior Calibration manager.
- Manage the progress and reporting for all Powertrain Calibration deliverables, ensuring they meet all cost, time and quality targets.
- Be the point of contact for all customers to Powertrain Calibration. Define all requirements for the Powertrain System and validate them within AML.
- Ensure Calibration deliverables are delivered in line with the System Design Specification.
- Manage and support external facilities and suppliers to achieve Calibration team goals.
- Represent the company externally at a senior level regarding calibration activities and supplier visits.
- Prepare project-timing plans for the Powertrain and programme teams to support model year actions and major design changes.
- Prepare reports of all findings from Test bed, Vehicle testing and environmental testing of the vehicle, and present these to all levels up to director technical meetings
- Initiate and prepare modifications to the calibration on future model year actions
- Ensure Calibration hardware/tools are available for each vehicle build
- Manage the Calibration database for all responsible programmes.
- Guide, direct and train to develop other team members.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to Degree level.
- Significant experience within automotive vehicle manufacturer, preferably with experience of hybrid calibration of gasoline engines.
- Recent direct experience of application of new technologies
- Strong communicator with experience working across multiple disciplines
- Full driving license
- Ability to work in hot and cold climates
- Must be prepared to travel for supplier reviews in locations across Europe
- Competitive Salary
- One management lease vehicle and access to another vehicle via the Mercedes scheme.
- Up to 5% bonus potential.
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales, a new state of the art site and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend