Manufacturing Systems Engineer - MBS004
Job no: 499330
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
Categories: Commercial, Design, Information Technology, Manufacturing, Programme Management
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast paced, rewarding and dynamic. Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
This position is based in the Manufacturing Business Office, who are responsible for the manufacturing systems. They play the lead role in delivering, maintaining, supporting and developing business critical manufacturing systems within all areas of manufacturing at Aston Martin
Job Purpose: The purpose of this role is to support and maintain manufacturing process systems at Aston Martin.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Support, manufacturing interfaces to systems such as Goldcrest, Siemens PLC, FLAGS etc.
- Support manufacturing systems with other systems such as EASE, FLAGS, FUEL, RFID & Secure gate system.
- To provide advice and assistance to the team of production, maintenance and systems Technicians in relation to system enquiries.
- To support production via radio, telephone & email enquiries.
- To ensure continuation of build through the production facility, with minimal downtime by adopting preventative maintenance philosophy.
- Provide training of Flags, RFID, EASE System to members of staff as and when required.
- Investigate the use of new technologies and software to improve user experience of Ease
- Attend interdepartmental meetings to resolve problems, coordinate changes when requested.
- Ensure shift handover documentation is fully up to date.
Qualification & Experience:
- ONC minimum qualification with HNC / Degree or equivalent preferred, or extensive experience in a Manufacturing Engineering environment and experience in an IT/ software related environment.
- An extensive understanding of manufacturing Engineering practices is desirable.
- A good understanding of the software packages listed below is advantageous, training will be provided to the successful candidate
- Ease Applications including Beacon
- Internet information services (IIS)
- SQL database knowledge.
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Office
- Kepware OPC software Packages
- SQL Server Management Studio
- Salary circa £38,000
- Access to Mercedes car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE ASTON MARTIN ST ATHAN IS A SMOKE FREE SITE
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend