Job no: 499319
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
Categories: Information Technology
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity you have the chance to join a truly special working environment that is fast paced, rewarding and dynamic. Joining the team means becoming part of the history of Aston Martin in our new state of the art location.
This role within the IT department. The IT team are the beating heart behind the production of the Aston Martin plant, they manage all aspects of software development, programmes & support, ensuring the company works at the highest level with all the state-of-the-art systems.
This role is to develop, support and maintain in-house business interfaces and applications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities.
- Develop and support applications to standards set by the company which are based on Microsoft Coding Practices
- OWASP security practices and standards set by the in-house Cyber Security team
- Interact and work close with business contacts outside and inside of the IT team.
- Work with the senior team to implement improvements and suggestions to advance standards and productivity.
- Review scope of work documentation
- Support applications testing
- Ensure all testing documents are written to ensure they meet the required standard
- Assist in building coding standards annually
- Problem Solving is a large part of the role where the successful applicant will be expected to come up with some solutions to specifications when working in a smaller team.
- Participate in code reviews and work to ensure coding standards are met
- Ensure software is fit for purpose
- Participate in internal testing of software
Skills and experience
To apply for this role, it is essential that you have the following experiences working with the below software programmes:
- ASP.Net Development using C# MVC
- TSQL MSSQL Server
- Preferred skills:
- Degree in Software Development / Engineering or equivalent.
- Salary Circa £39,000
- Access to Mercedes car lease scheme
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme for Ford.
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with a significant growth plan in place, the new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history. If you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your career and become part of the AML family, apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive enough applications
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend