Quality Controller - PAR104
Job no: 499293
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Wolverton Mill
Categories: Parts Operations
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Maintaining quality standards within the Parts Department, ensuring that components stocked in the Parts Warehouse are received with the correct documentation, comply with specifications and are packed and stored correctly. Audit and Inspect parts to Engineering Drawings aiming for zero defects. Working with the supply base towards a zero-defect philosophy. Audit the management systems for ISO 9001/14001.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Inspect and Audit automotive parts using engineering drawings, recognizes geometric tolerances, surface finishes, 1st and 3rd angle projection. Range of parts vary from DB5 (1959) through to current production.
- Ensure compliance to specification and requirements of all delivered items.
- Support actions is reducing Logistics errors in damage, miss pick, part quality issues.
- Inspect and Audit parts which are not drawn from samples.
- Recognising safety critical parts and ensuring all documentation is in place.
- Check for Containments and reworked items.
- Liaise with the engineering and purchasing team at Wolverton and Gaydon on current part issues.
- Liaise with Internal and External contacts on issues/ rejects, including supplier visits and supplier cost recovery.
- Process supplier rejects of poor quality and incorrect parts.
- Scrap damaged or ‘non-fit for sale’ parts as required.
- Assist with corrective actions for supplier quality concerns.
- Assist with strategies to assess, monitor and improve the quality aspects of existing inventory. Assist in the future business model and the processes in line with forward planning.
- Maintain supplier Quality performance records, and reporting metrics.
Qualification & Experience:
- Automotive experience desirable.
- Knowledge of Quality Control and Quality Assurance practices, with understanding of ISO9001.
- An understanding of advanced measurement techniques.
- Experience of STA and its implementation.
- Post qualification experience in a tool room/ inspection or QC Department.
- Ability to work under own initiative without close supervision.
- Ability to work precisely under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- PC literate (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project). Automotive experience desirable.
- Forklift or manual handling equipment licenses desirable.
- Competitive Salary.
- Discount on our lease scheme for FCA Vehicles.
- Private Medical Cover - Single Cover, Family cover at an additional cost
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Holiday Bonus - £500 paid annually (pro-rata, dependent on length of service)
- Service Days - One service day for each 5 years of service up to a maximum of 5 service days
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales, a new state of the art site and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend