Prototype Technician - Test & Verification - TAV059
Job no: 499286
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real
To build, prepare, service and maintain Aston Martin prototype vehicles / bucks to facilitate both whole vehicle and component testing in line with design verification programme objectives of all future AM products.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Preparation of Aston Martin products to required standards.
- Service and maintenance of worldwide Aston Martin prototype fleet.
- Interaction with engineering teams for fault diagnosis and issue resolution.
- Maintain accurate vehicle log files detailing all work actioned on all fleet vehicles.
- Support Prototype test vehicles whilst on test, both in the UK and overseas.
- Carry out Rework Instruction Sheet updates on pre-production cars.
- Support prototype test vehicles whilst on test, both in the UK and abroad, providing technical knowledge and facilitating smooth running of vehicle tests.
- Adhere to company safety, housekeeping and discipline standards.
- Identify by means of Engineering Change Management System any improvements to or mismatches of
- Parts or operations that will assist in both product and / or process quality improvements.
- Support media launch activities as part of new model introductions.
Qualifications and Experience
- It is essential that you are educated to degree level in Manufacturing or a similar engineering Full Apprenticeship (Motor Vehicle background) ideally to HNC level
- Significant Prestige Vehicle Experience
- Ability to read, interpret and work to engineering drawings / process sheets.
- Work experience preparing and supporting Prototype test vehicles.
- Thorough knowledge of computer systems and software including MS Word & Excel.
- Extensive knowledge of Aston Martin products both past and present.
- Team player but also able to work independently.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Problem solver
- Ability to travel to support overseas events
- Clean Driving License and valid passport
- Must be willing to work overtime at short notice both during the week and at weekends to support tight deadlines.
- 39 hours a week
- Competitive hourly rate
- Full Time Contract
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales, a new state of the art site and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the ‘Apply now’ button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend