IT Operations Engineer – End User Computing and VDI - SYS009
Job no: 499262
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Information Technology
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
This position takes responsibility and ownership of the Microsoft SCCM Platform, technical responsibility for managing the Windows desktop and related group policy environment along with the implementation, documentation & management of the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and associated systems across all AML sites.
This role is responsible for the 3rd Line business as usual support for the VDI environment, template creation and application packaging. From time to time this position will take on special leadership responsibilities as they pertain to new system and application evaluations, testing and implementation.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Develop and execute an enterprise workstation imaging / deployment methodology.
- Develop and execute a plan for increasing overall desktop platform optimisation and standardisation.
- Ensure correct installation, configuration, use and maintenance of the Microsoft SCCM Platform.
- Oversee group policy including review of existing policies and proposed changes.
- Create and manage application deployment objects for new and existing software.
- Establish and maintain self-provisioning pool of applications.
- Manage deployment of all patches, critical updates and service packs on a timely basis.
- Maintain ongoing communications with support teams regarding application issue resolution and general workstation management support.
- Monitor Microsoft SCCM Platform health and mitigate identified problems.
- Lead and Develop the Windows 10 strategy.
- Manage the deployment and maintenance of Office 365.
- Technical responsibility for the deployment, support and maintenance of VDI across all AML sites.
- Responsible for ensuring optimum performance of VDI estate – performance monitoring, tuning, patch management & documentation.
- Troubleshooting complex issues surrounding the VDI estate at both software and hardware levels. Working with other team members (networks, storage, application) to resolve issues quickly and put measures in place to mitigate reoccurrences.
- Understand advances and changes in related technology & work directly with equipment manufactures to assess new technologies
- Develop solutions with a focus on reducing operating costs and/or increasing customer experiences
- Ensure the security of the VDI infrastructure and maintain compliance with all applicable security standards
- Manage the local and azure ADs with respect to group policies for users and computers
- Manage the VDI hardware Infrastructure
- Be an escalation point for the Tier 2 team
- Provide Tier 3 BAU support as required through user tickets, following IT processes to ensure OLAs and SLAs are met
- Work with key platform vendors for support to resolve issues as well as platform strategy development
- Coordinate applications release with Software Solutions, QA teams and business owners
- Provide mentoring, guidance and professional development support to others on staff when needed
- Work on special projects as needed
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience implementing/managing desktop management platform, imaging, software deployment and related technologies
- Direct experience managing / supporting Microsoft SCCM platform
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems MCSE Preferred
- Broad knowledge of desktop technologies and how they can be applied to solve business problems
- Extensive VDI related experience a must
- Level 3 knowledge of Windows Server 2008R2 & Server 2012R2
- Level 3 knowledge of one or more of the following: VMware, Horizon View, Citrix
- A detailed understanding of Active Directory and surrounding systems
- A fundamental understanding of enterprise class storage systems
- A fundamental understanding of networking including LAN and WAN technologies
- Experienced in developing and executing on short and long-range IT project plans
- Experience working in both IT team projects and individual projects
- Effective written and verbal communications. Ability to convey technical issues and material to non-technical people (end-users)
- Experience of Windows Server
- Incident and Problem Management experience.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Working knowledge of MCSA Windows Server, Office 365, Azure, Network, Storage, Windows Client, Hyper-V, System Center, VMware VDI, VMware Horizon, Bespoke application suites - CRM / ERP (desirable), Application packaging (desirable)
- ITIL Foundation.
- Competitive salary.
- Access to Mercedes and FCA car lease scheme.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales, a new state of the art site and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend