Senior Engineer, Audit Operations - SQS019
Job no: 499230
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic.
As a Brand Aston Martin Prides its self on the Quality of the prestigious vehicles that they design, engineer and build. This role is to be a member of the quality team that has the role of making sure that each module that is designed, each part that is attached, each specification that is available, is made to the highest level of pristine quality. Each member of this team is highly important and proud to be a part of the Aston Martin brand.
The purpose of this role is to be the Senior Engineer within the Product Audit and Warranty elements of the AO department and to provide guidance to the business on all finished vehicle audit topics.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Day to day planning of the Customer Perception Audit (CPA), Dynamic Screening (DS) and Warranty teams.
- Consultation at finished vehicle audit gate reviews.
- Manage Legal and Certification requirements such as emissions testing.
- Lead the team to zero customer complaints. Input to appraisals, skills assessment and training requirements.
- Identification of best practice and development of procedures/work instructions. Production of detailed reports and metrics.
- The individual shall be responsible for working with other internal departments to identify quality issues, resolve problems and provide guidance to future design/manufacture.
- Complying with multiple internal procedures and several external procedures to ensure satisfactory completion of both internal and external audits. You will ensure that company complies with Legal and Certification requirements such as emissions testing.
- Good understanding of Quality principles is essential as is experience of auditing finished vehicles.
Qualification & Experience
- Good understanding of Quality audits is essential.
- Experience of the practical application of audit techniques.
- Understanding of Customer perception and requirements capture.
- Engineering experience and/or degree within Engineering related discipline.
- Quality experience/training.
- Computer literate.
- Salary Circa - £38,000
- Access to Mercedes car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend