CAD Engineer - CHS089
Job no: 499022
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
The chassis department are responsible for all suspension, wheels and steering components across all car lines.
To cover front & rear suspension and subframe design, pedal box, throttle pedal and all braking hardware pipe routings including progression through to part & assembly drawings.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Support Chassis component engineers with component and system designs in NX.
- Model Chassis components and produce kinematic models with dynamic clearance envelopes.
- Prepare detail drawings & models of proposed design changes to support the Release process.
- Contribute effectively to team technical discussions to ensure that the Component Engineers understand the effects of proposed design changes.
- Produce Design Manuals, Engineering Specifications and all other Chassis CAD methodology documentation to aid chassis CAD modelling efficiency.
- Support problem solving/quality teams as directed by management.
- Keep abreast of technical developments within the industry, with particular reference to the evolution of NX.
- Some data co-ordination will be required for sending & receiving CAD data.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with working with Siemens NX.
- Fully capable of 2D drafting.
- Working knowledge of Suspension, Braking, and Steering systems including the use of kinematic models to manipulate components.
- Good working knowledge of VIS Mockup and Teamcenter
- Able to work as part of a small team and actively participate in creation and development of innovative design solutions within the CAD environment.
- Knowledge of MISSION or an equivalent Product Creation System like GPDS, FPDS, AMPCS.
- Competent in all Microsoft Office applications would be useful.
- 6 week contract
- 39 hours a week
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales, a new state of the art site and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin Lagonda family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend