System Leader - Pressure Charging PTN067
Job no: 499017
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Base Engine team is responsible for the specification and design of all systems and commodities that make up the base engine; Specification, design, development, management and ownership of pressure charging systems from concept to production.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Generate system specification, and be responsible for delivery of hardware that meets system targets
- Have direct involvement with the design of system components
- Work closely with simulation team to validate system design by virtual techniques where possible
- Chair FMEA meetings, follow up any mitigating actions, ensure design verification plan is up to date and communicated
- Work closely with test team throughout validation process
- Provide quick response to concern resolution
- Work with Purchasing team throughout supplier nomination process
- Prepare for and present milestone events – Design Reviews, Data Judgement, Final Engineering Confirmation
- Planning of system components to ensure delivery for all hardware phases throughout development
- Define the system BOM
- Acquire and evaluate latest technologies and state of the art within the industry
- The role will require regular reviews with the Engine Senior Manager, Technical Project Leader and Platform Programme Project Leader.
Qualifications and Experience
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- Significant experience in the design and development of pressure charging components in gasoline engines
- Sizing of pressure charging system components
- Behaviour of materials at high temperatures, component thermal protection, component temperature limits
- Working within a multi-functional project team – design, development, procurement, build and test
- Simulation techniques used in the definition and validation of pressure charging systems
- Test methods used in the validation of pressure charging systems
- Working with suppliers and the wider project team to develop timing plans
- Ability to analyse and validate supplier data and identify issues
- Supporting test teams with problem solving/concern resolution
- Tracking and planning of engineering, tooling and piece costs
- Support of production sourcing activities
- Creation of system DFMEAs
- CAD design using UG NX
- System CAD model management using Teamcentre
- Assembly line and general design for manufacture considerations
- In-vehicle engine bay conditions, requirements and aero-thermal considerations
- Exhaust manifold manufacturing processes
- Electric actuation and electric recirculation valves used in gasoline engine pressure charging systems
- Competitive salary
- Access to Mercedes car lease scheme and privilege car scheme and PSA vehicles (Peugeot, Citroën, DS, and Vauxhall)
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Discount on our lease schemes with variety manufactures
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by a new state of the art site and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend