Expression of interest - Inspection Technician, Quality
Job no: 498906
Work type: Full Time - Contract, Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic. The Construction of the new facility in South Wales is now fully underway, joining the team, is becoming part of the history of the Brand and of the heritage of the such a prestigious product, in such a new fantastic state of the art location.
As a Brand Aston Martin Prides its self on the Quality of the prestigious vehicles that they design, engineer and build. This role is to be a member of the quality team that has the role of making sure that each module that is designed, each part that is attached, each specification that is available, is made to the highest level of pristine quality. Each member of this team is highly important and proud to be a part of the Aston Martin brand.
The Quality Inspector will conduct 100% final quality inspection and associated activities on Aston Martin vehicles upon completion of all manufacturing processes to ensure Cars sold meet or exceed Aston Martin Quality Standards. Inspection will include all vehicle attributes, fit, finish, function and paint, including repair confirmation.
- Conduct 100% inspection in line with Aston Martin Quality Procedures;
- Cosmetic and Functional buy-off to quality standards.
- Confirmation of vehicle build to customer option and territory specific requirements.
- Ensure all manufacturing processes completed and signed off.
- Basic key static functional aspects for primary driver functions.
- Confirm body panel shape and surface finish quality.
- Inspection of painted bodies.
- Conduct all associated processes about final vehicle buy-off and pass-to-sales;
- Inspect all issues found from CAL & paint to ensure rectification activities have resolved original concern and not created new defects.
- Perform VCATS final buy-off to confirm electrical configuration and SW downloads.
- Operate Goldcrest Pass-to-Sales.
- Divert vehicles back to manufacturing if they fail to achieve quality standards.
- Control vehicle movement and management within inspection areas
- Liaise with third party logistics carrier for handover of finished vehicles from Gaydon.
- Support the rest of the Quality inspection team as required to ensure quality standards are maintained always in a flexible manner to support production volumes.
The post holder will undertake other duties as required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Experience & Qualifications
- Automotive experience (Paint / BiW / Assembly)
- In-depth understanding of overall vehicle construction
- Launch experience
- Experience in inspection systems
- General knowledge of ISO9001
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good diplomacy skills
- Logical problem-solving mind-set
- Able to work as part of a cross functional team or autonomously
- Methodical working
PLEASE BE AWARE THIS WILL BE A TEMPORARY ON GOING CONTRACT
How to apply
There really has never been a better time to join Aston Martin Lagonda, with strong financial results, a significant growth plan in place, a new site nearing completion and arguably the strongest model line up in the Company’s history, so if you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career and become part of the AML family apply today for consideration
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
ASTON MARTIN, ST ATHAN IS A STRICTLY NO SMOKING SITE.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend