Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM) Technician
Job no: 498887
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic. The Construction of the new facility in South Wales is now fully underway, joining the team, is becoming part of the history of the Brand and of the heritage of the such a prestigious product, in such a new fantastic state of the art location.
As a Brand Aston Martin prides its self on the quality of the prestigious vehicles that they design, engineer and build. This role is to be a member of the research and development team.
Carry out measurement tasks and CMM programming to support new model and current vehicle build requirements. Manage personal workload to deliver in line with requirements and in conjunction with the Lead Technician. To provide cross team support during absence across measurement and calibration team.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Operating and programming bridge machines and twin column machines.
- Planning and coordinating personal work load through the CMM facility.
- Resolving any operational constraints or escalating to the Lead Technician as appropriate.
- Operating and programming the FARO arm.
- Ensure the completion of scheduled measurement tasks – routine and non-routine.
- Basic metrology inspection to engineering drawings.
- Completion of initial sample inspection reports.
- FARO arm inspection of jigs and fixtures.
- Support the delivery of key metrics for the metrology team.
- Support implementation and maintenance of lean tools and processes in the metrology department.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have Significant level of QC/metrology experience.
- It’s essential to have CMM operating experience.
- Experience in the use of measurement tools e.g. Vernier, calipers, height gauges.
- Experience of LK-DMIS/Cam2 Measure/Camio V6.4 upwards – CMM software experience is essential.
- CMM programming experience is desirable
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- May be required to work at other AML sites.
- Salary £30,752
- Private Medical Cover - Single Cover, Family cover at an additional cost
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Holiday Bonus - £500 paid annually (pro-rata, dependent on length of service)
- Service Days - One service day for each 5 years of service up to a maximum of 5 service days
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend