Senior Engineer, Robotics - MTS015
Job no: 498715
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic. The Construction of the new facility in South Wales is now fully underway, joining the team, is becoming part of the history of the Brand and of the heritage of the such a prestigious product, in such a new fantastic state of the art location.
As a Brand Aston Martin prides its self on the quality of the prestigious vehicles that they design, engineer and build. This role is to be a member of the Facility’s team.
The initial role will support the project team in all areas. Regular involvement in project meetings both with internal and external teams will be required. On launch of the new facility the Robotics Engineer will be part of a team to address any issues that require support before and after the facility is fully commissioned. The candidate will be responsible for achieving high equipment reliability, minimum repair time, continuous improvement and new project development through the combined efforts of maintenance, facilities and external suppliers.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Liaise with suppliers during initial scope of supply, making sure the new equipment complies with AML specification and related legislations are adhered to
- Perform Robot software modifications and improvements as well as integration of third-party software requested by manufacturing departments
- Perform AGV software modifications and coordinate improvements in line with production requirement
- Monitor, control and maintain process parameters (where applicable), implement / initiate adjustments and corrections to ensure efficient production and quality levels within all areas of manufacturing
- Ensure that the department can support manufacturing operations at all times in terms of equipment reliability, facility controls, application software, data recording and back up processes
- Support Maintenance team to implement preventative maintenance strategies
- Ensure all associated software is operating correctly to keep the company and their employees protected in accordance with current safety legislation
- Maintain an effective level of communication at all times across the business
- Ensure the department strives towards world-class performance, compliance to safety and environmental legislation
Qualification & Experience:
- BEng in Robotics or similar discipline such as Automation, Electrical Electronic, Software Engineering
- To be considered for this role the candidate must have an extensive knowledge of Robotics Programming as well as automatic Robot tool changing (Comau and Kawasaki preferred)
- Ideally hold Robotics qualifications combined with at least 5 years of experience within the manufacturing industry, preferably automotive. Alternatively, you may be a time served tradesman with a good level of experience with Industrial Robotics
- An awareness of AGV, Comau Fleet Manager software or equivalent, SICK software, 3D manipulating vision system (end of robot arm robot) and PLC interaction would be desirable
- This position requires someone who can work as an effective team member and confidently as an individual. We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate experience of manufacturing tools and techniques and willingness to undertake further training
- Access to Mercedes car lease scheme.
- Circa £38,000
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme for Ford.
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend