Senior Engineer - Manufacturing Systems - MBO116
Job no: 498781
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
As a Manufacturing Systems Engineer you will be part of a team to deliver, maintain, support and develop business critical manufacturing systems within all areas of manufacturing at Aston Martin. The successful candidate will work closely with all areas of Manufacturing Operations and the wider business. This is a challenging and demanding role requiring excellent communication, technical, IT and some project management skills. Whilst automotive experience is preferred we welcome applications with excellent SQL skills from other industries.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
Quality/Reliability - Support shop floor manufacturing systems – to provide support to manufacturing operations for all relevant shop floor manufacturing systems. Maintain manufacturing system uptime by managing and improving robustness of all business-critical manufacturing systems.
Delivery – assist team to provide manufacturing operations with first line support and response function for, RFID, EASE, FLAGS, the Secure Gate Release system. Manage a request based change management system for all of the above systems. self-manage and implement improvement programmes and initiatives in-line with the wider manufacturing and business strategy where required. Training will be provided on internal systems to the successful applicant.
Delivery - Review project documentation issued by the vehicle programme teams to fully evaluate the manufacturing systems impact of all new model requirements. Formally respond to enquiries detailing the manufacturing systems strategy plus costs and resources required for successful implementation. assist the development of new and cutting-edge manufacturing systems facilities and processes. Liaise with other departments including Manufacturing, Man Eng, Product Development, Quality, Facilities and Maintenance to ensure that customer requirements are met. Present project status to manager/team as required.
People - Provide training and mentoring across the manufacturing systems team and production staff that ensures that all members are multi-skilled and capable of supporting all manufacturing systems equipment. Assist manager with development plan for future system requirements documentation.
Achieve Scorecard targets - Manage own project reviews to track progress against agreed timelines to ensure delivery of KPI’s and project deliverables such as cost, timing, technical requirements etc. for a wide variety of projects.
Maintain project documentation, project plans, work group board etc.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A BSc or B.Eng. in a related engineering or IT discipline with manufacturing engineering experience in the Motor Vehicle assembly/manufacturing environment preferred, but not essential.
- Independently analyse, solve and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- SQL Server database experience involving both setup and use in a manufacturing environment,
- Thorough understanding of relational databases, T-SQL scripting, database normalization best practices, database technologies and concepts
- Database design in a Software Development environment as a contributor
- Proficient with SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Experience with Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio.
- Configuration experience with Kepware Cogent systems desired.
- Creation, programming and setup of OPC server for facilities and ANDON system interfaces control.
- Basic Windows Servers management knowledge for both physical and virtual servers.
- Creation and maintenance of Intranet based content including web server based pages, SQL queries and other Sharepoint based material.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities.
- Competitive salary (circa £36k)
- Access to Mercedes car scheme.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend