Cost Estimator - TNE017
Job no: 498756
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Chase Point, Coventry
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes
Product Cost Estimating is a key function of the Purchase Department, who provide Material, Capital (Vendor Tooling), Design and Development, and Prototype Estimates to support the following:
- All new AML programs from through to to ensure all cost targets set with our external suppliers are 'value for money'.
- Actively participate in the on-going TVM process to support the achievement of AML cost reduction objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Cost Estimates - by analysing how much a component “should cost” to manufacture. Estimate the material used, process time, overheads and profit. Estimate comparison vs. quote & assisted Supplier negotiations with purchase.
- Benchmarking – compare similar components within the AML parts library and competitor vehicles through ‘tear-down’ exercises. Develop component cost database for benchmark analysis.
- Quotation Analysis – AML receive QAFs (Quotation Analysis Forms) from their suppliers. These should be analysed for Value for money. Through supplier visits the Estimator can confirm the content of the QAF and look for “waste” processes and commercial opportunities.
- Supplier Business Reviews – compile Supplier Business Review documentation identifying by cost driver the suppliers cost of manufacturing. To review the suppliers total business model and identify ways to reduce these costs.
- Supplier visits.
- VSM (Value Stream mapping) Cost down – together with the Supplier, the Estimator maps the current and future state maps identifying ways to improve processes and drive down costs.
- Engineering support – to provide guidance to the Engineer of the most cost effective way of producing a component. All cost down modifications must payback incremental costs within one year of introduction.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Business would be preferable.
- Experience in a comparable role is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Word is required.
- Use of Access would be an advantage.
- Experience of the car industry or general manufacturing techniques would be an advantage.
- Full Driving license.
- Ability to negotiate and review data with all levels of Management.
- Positively represent the company when visiting Suppliers and remain professional.
- Hourly Rate £28ph
- 39 hours a week
- Based in Wellesbourne
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend