Project Engineer - CCE - Electrical
Job no: 498745
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Current Car Engineering (CCE) is responsible for the engineering and quality of all current production vehicles. We are looking for a Lead Engineer who is highly motivated and can demonstrate an ability to lead a small team within the area of Electrical systems. The CCE Electrical team covers hardware and software across all current production models and supports past models when required. The role has dual functionality with the engineer being responsible for both the engineering elements of the current car as well as Quality and Supplier management.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
The Project Engineer is responsible for a small team of engineers looking after all aspects of Vehicle Electrical functions within the “Current Car” environment. The Lead Engineer (supervisor) will be responsible for prioritising, leading or coaching as well as tracking their teams through containing, establishing root cause and releasing countermeasures of multiple engineering and/or supplier-based quality, design, and warranty related issues.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Technical understanding – good working knowledge of Electrical systems and components. Understanding the manufacturing processes, component level design and manufacture, integration and network interactions within vehicles.
- Management – Responsible for the daily management of the Electrical team delivering continuous improvement in DPV (Defects per vehicle), AMCPA (Customer Perception Audit), Warranty and CSI (Customer Satisfaction Survey) scores and removing roadblocks and escalate issues preventing delivery of tasks. Manage all open concerns.
- Objective setting - Play an instrumental role in enabling the function to achieve its business targets, through meeting / exceeding the defined objectives. Cascade these objectives through the leadership of your team and measure the team against achieving their targets.
- Appraisal - run 1:1 with team and perform mid and end of year appraisals
- Training - develop the team as appropriate identifying training needs and skills gaps.
- Recruitment - support recruitment
- Problem resolution – Have a methodical approach to problem solving with an ability to react quickly to identify root cause. Experience in problem solving required, using 8D, G8D, PPS, 6 Sigma or similar.
- CCE - Engaging and working with the wider CCE team to deliver engineering solutions to cost, time, Quality & function. Supporting where necessary with testing and evaluation. Track these issues to resolution and verify they are closed off robustly.
- Feedback – Issues assigned through CPA & DS need to be investigated and tracked to closure through the appropriate AMCPA or DS feedback sessions. Where appropriate, feedback engineering issues to R&D function and drive reoccurrence prevention through Engineering Specification and DFMEA updates.
- DPV / RFT improvement – The team has a responsibility to work closely with the manufacturing and engineering teams to provide support to the production lines for containment and problem resolution of build issues caused by design, engineering, production or supplier quality issues. You will be expected to lead cross functional teams in order to achieve this result, implementing design changes where necessary using the engineering releasing system.
- Parts quality and supplier engineering requests (PPAP / SPAP and SREA Management) – Sign off part quality and Supplier Requests for Engineering Approval following the SPAP / PPAP process.
- Supplier support & investigations – Supplier investigations to identify issues with key processes on or off site and working with suppliers to drive continuous improvements in supplier manufacturing process and support supplier resourcing activities.
- Setting standards – Update Vehicle Inspection Standards (VIS)
- Warranty - Proactively track Warranty status and implement improvement activities to reduce cost and frequency.
- Field Technical Support – Manage Technical Support Requests within the group ensuring adequate and timely support is given to ensure minimum downtime on vehicles in the field whilst robustly solving any issues and taking any learning back to root cause.
- New Models - Engage with new model functions to share issues and learning on current model, demonstrate resolution and verify previously raised issues are robustly closed off during the current build phase or at the next build phase.
- Client Services - Produce Technical Bulletins to support dealer network learning
Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering HNC, degree or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Full UK driving license
- Good working knowledge of Electrical areas (Component design, Software, Networking, Electrical Distribution Systems)
- Broad engineering and manufacturing knowledge.
- Broad knowledge of vehicle.
- Experience of component design.
- Experience in inspection systems and use of Vehicle & Part Quality Standards
- Worked in OE or Teir1 manufacturing environment (PVT / Production / Plant Quality/ R&D)
- Must be able to negotiate with internal and external departments to ensure effective vehicle evaluation.
- The role may require the individual to be flexible with working hours to meet the needs of launch build phases and production demands
- Paying a Circa of £43,000 pa (Depending on Experience)
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme for Mercedes.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to Apply:
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend