AMRB001 - No.1Mechanic - QAO157
Job no: 498733
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Categories: Special Projects
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
This position reports to the Valkyrie DVP Test Engineer or his designee; is located in Wellesbourne, UK. Responsible for the assembly and servicing of the Aston Martin Valkyrie both trackside and at the Wellesbourne factory. You will lead and assist your team of Mechanics throughout the build process, coordinating the assembly in a methodical manner whilst adhering to strict deadlines and quality standards. You will be required to direct your crew during Manufacture, Tests and Customer events ensuring that the car operates in a professional and safe manner at all times whilst guaranteeing that Engineering requirements and changes are met promptly and accurately.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Promote Teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Ensure that the car is built consistently to the highest standards and meets the relevant set up parameters and all the criteria of the build specification.
- Accountable for the condition and appearance of the car which should be maintained to the highest levels constantly.
- Required to demonstrate a company focused attitude organizing and guiding your team whilst keeping morale high when fulfilling often difficult goals set by Design, Engineering and Management to meet the company’s expectations for future success.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and condition of your work area, the test garage, the factory and all tools and equipment.
- Following Engineering procedures and protocols as dictated by Aston Martin pertaining to assembly, operation and safety.
- Record and feedback parameters and incidences as they occur or as requested by the Engineering group.
- Assist in the set up and operation of the garage and its infrastructure.
- Follow all safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Chief Mechanic.
Qualifications & Experience:
Previous experience as a No 1 Mechanic gained within the field of Formula 1 or LMP1 will be preferred however consideration will be given to a candidate who can demonstrate a sound record of service within the industry.
Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to follow complex technical drawings and procedures.
- A solid mechanical aptitude gained in the Motorsport arena.
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- You should be comfortable discussing Engineering solutions and requirements and demonstrates basic computer skills.
- Basic fabrication and machining skills.
- An empathetic approach to your work colleagues and an ability to lead and coordinate a group.
- A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
- Computer knowledge is essential, preferred experience in Microsoft Office and experience of life tracking software.
- A strong relationship builder with a collaborative approach.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritise within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids.
- Paying up to £26.00 per hour.
How to Apply:
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend