Senior Engineer - CAD Powertrain Concepts - QAO022
Job no: 498729
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Categories: Special Projects
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Undertake the design and development of powertrain and powertrain systems with the support and guidance of the engineering lead. This will involve working with minimum supervision to complete engineering projects in all aspects of the powertrain during the delivery of QAO concept programmes.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- CAD design and modelling of powertrain and powertrain system components using AML NX CAD software.
- Take CAD designs from concept to finished model and produce finished drawings for engineering release.
- Monitor and progress resolution of actions from the weekly PMST meetings
- Work with new and existing powertrain component and system suppliers to ensure they meet cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Work with the programme team and the engineering lead to ensure projects are delivered to cost, quality and time targets.
- Release the powertrain components and systems for manufacture to cover prototype and production builds through generating release documentation using the AML release system
- Work with AML issue capture and resolution tracking system to solve and close problems found in verification testing and build.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive experience in component design using NX CAD software for development and sign off
- Good working knowledge of GD&T and experience of 2D detailing of mechanical components
- Understanding and experience of sheet metal, machining, moulding and casting manufacturing techniques
- Knowledge and experience of some of the following: Base engine, gearbox, driveshaft, cooling system, lubrication system, exhaust system and air intake system
- Knowledge of the AML ‘Mission’ process – preferable but not essential
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills, ability to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business
- Paying up to £28.00 per hour (Depending on Experience)
How to Apply:
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend