Project Engineer - Interior & Exterior - Heritage - WSI827
Job no: 498725
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Newport Pagnell
Categories: Special Projects
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Lead the Body & Interior PMT in all aspects of engineering and delivery of Heritage programmes.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Act as the PMT leader for Body & Interior on all QAO Heritage vehicle programmes
- Lead the engineering activity and support the Body & Interior engineers in creating CAD models, drawings and robust engineering and test plans.
- Monitor and progress resolution of actions from the weekly PMST meetings.
- Provide engineering feasibility and costing support to the Programme team.
- Create test plans, interpret results and act as Engineering Sign-Off for Body & Interior.
- Lead the development of new and existing suppliers to ensure they meet cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Work to develop concepts and future model content.
- Present as the voice of Body & Interior Engineering in all mainstream programme forums including Gateways.
- Work with the Programme team to ensure projects are delivered to cost, quality and time targets.
Qualifications and Experience
- Automotive or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Extensive experience within the automotive industry, preferably with experience across a broad range of roles or commodities.
- Experience in component design, development and sign off.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good ability to clearly present information to all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business.
- Extensive experience of project coordination or evidence of leadership ability.
- Driving licence, medical clearance to drive company vehicles.
- Intelligent, motivated and ambitious.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi task and prioritise workload.
- Confident and authoritative presentation skills.
- The ideal candidate will be an organised and positive self-starter who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
- Paying up to £30.00 per hour (Depending on Experience)
How to Apply:
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend