Senior Engineer - CVE Engines
Job no: 498722
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
An opportunity exists for an experienced engineer to join the Current Engines team of CCE which handles all engineering issues on our V8 and V12 engines currently in production and service around the world.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
The Job holder will be responsible for the complete engine systems on all current vehicle lines, not just individual components. The individual will be responsible for reviewing & questioning to improve part design, quality & process at supplier, within the vehicle plant and for Warranty will be required.
Engineers must therefore be able to:
- Warranty / Customer vehicle support – Technical support request (TSR) investigations and worldwide dealer visit/support, liaising closely with AMTECH and Client services to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Engineering solutions – Vehicle investigations into warranty / production issues, engineering vehicles / static ABA testing to prove out root cause analysis, DVP testing & validation support.
- Production line support - Play a key part in ensuring the quality of parts supplied to the production line in a fast-moving manufacturing / production environment.
- Containment – Quickly identify and implement effective and robust containments to issues which arise on the assembly line, at the supplier or in the field.
- Problem resolution – Have a methodical approach to problem solving with an ability to react quickly to identify root cause. Experience in problem solving required, using 8D, G8D, PPS, 6 Sigma or similar.
- Concern and top issue Feedback – Feedback concerns at various forums to all levels including VP’s.
- Concern management & Engineering change – Manage open concerns taking the appropriate measures to contain and then implement a robust, cost effective permanent corrective actions. To support this you will be expected to complete engineering releases and lead cross functional teams.
- DPV / RFT improvement – Provide engineering support to the production lines for containment and problem resolution of build issues caused by design, engineering, production or supplier quality issues.
- Supplier support & investigations – Work with suppliers to drive continuous improvements in their manufacturing process and support supplier resourcing activities.
- Warranty analysis –The CCE role also includes the analysis of warranty data to identify problems with cars in the field and emerging trends, examining returned parts to determine root cause whether design, parts or process then releasing robust solutions and following through to implementation.
- Process development – In order to support CCE development and continuous process improvements, each engineer will have window roles which need to be developed, standardised and trained out to the rest of the team and potentially rolled out across other divisions.
- Engine plant support – The role will involve providing and requesting engineering support to/from our engine manufacturing facilities and partner companies. These are key relationships and essential to the success of our business.
- Travel – Be willing to travel both within the UK and abroad.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree level qualified or equivalent experience.
- Experience of practical problem solving (PPS / 8D / G8D / 6 Sigma)
- Good general knowledge of the mechanical architecture of a vehicle.
- Working knowledge of a variety of component manufacturing processes and materials.
- Worked in OE or Tier 1 manufacturing environment (CVE / PVT / Plant Quality / STA / PD)
- Experience of dealing with next tier suppliers & working as part of cross functional teams.
- Understands CAD, technical drawings & drawing standards,
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Full UK driving licence.
- Excellent knowledge of engine architecture and function.
- Experience of engine development or design engineering.
- Understanding of engine manufacturing and testing (in-process and EOL testing)
- Experience of component design.
- Has used / experience of parts approval processes (PPAP/SPAP or equivalent)
- Chairing meetings and running effective meeting minutes / CCARs & Good communications skills
- Team centre / 3D CAD manipulation.
- Understanding of basic machining methods and common issues.
- Knowledge of EMS calibration basics for engine emissions control and performance.
- Experience of working with field issues and in-market product analysis.
- Paying a Circa of £38,000 pa (Depending on Experience)
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme for Mercedes.
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double matched contributions from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance – Single Cover.
- Private Dental Plan – Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to Apply:
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend