Project Engineer - Thermal management Simulation PTN187
Job no: 498689
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Research and Development
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Due to the significant growth Aston Martin has experienced in recent years we now benefit from being a true multi-site organisation, and as such this role could be based at a number of sites, including Gaydon, Wellesbourne and Milton Keynes
Expert in engine thermal and cooling simulations
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Lead the designers in the development of the cooling jacket architecture, lubrication system and fuel system
- Support the engine system in the development of the cooling system of the current and new models
- Support the performance engineers in the fuel consumption analysis
- Lead the interaction with design and experiment to understand the requirements of the models
- Develop, implement and maintain numerical models
- Contribute and lead methodology
Qualifications and Experience
- Master of Science Degree in Engineering
- Experience in similar role
- Experience in cooling system simulations
- Experience in engine heat exchange simulations
- Experience in engine lubrication system simulations
- Experience in engine fuel system simulations
- Experience in automotive and powertrain applications
- Coaching and mentoring subordinates
- Experience in 1D simulations
- Negotiable salary circa £45k
- Access to Mercedes and Ford car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend