Flexible Inspection, Technician - Quality (SQS012)
Job no: 498687
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic.
As a brand, Aston Martin prides its self on the quality of the prestigious vehicles that they design, engineer and build. This role is to be a member of the quality team that has the role of making sure that each module that is designed, each part that is attached, each specification that is available, is made to the highest level of pristine quality. Each member of this team is highly important and proud to be a part of the Aston Martin brand.
Carry out Flexible Inspections on a sample of vehicles and prepare vehicles for emissions, noise and brake testing.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Be the “voice of the customer” in inspecting vehicles.
- Carry out various Flexible inspections on all models.
- Prepare vehicles for various Conformity of Production tests.
- Complete feedback sheets to document issues found on vehicles.
- When necessary feedback to areas on the issues you have found.
- Investigate failures on all the above tests.
- Participate in regular Engineering/Quality reviews of investigations.
- Provide summaries of the above testing and basic statuses and progression of tests to all levels within the business
- Responsible for implementing and sustaining lean processes in the above areas.
- Ensure that all Visual Inspection Standards (VIS) are understood
Qualification & Experience:
- Inspection experience
- Flexible Inspection Experience
- Diagnostic skills to determine faults and ensure correct allocation of responsibility
- Organisation and prioritisation skills: This area of audit can be varied and diverse and will require a level of organisation
- Investigation techniques
- Negotiating Skills
- Computer Literate
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Salary Circa - £30,752
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme for Ford.
- Private Medical Cover - Single Cover, Family cover at an additional cost
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Holiday Bonus - £500 paid annually (pro-rata, dependent on length of service)
- Service Days - One service day for each 5 years of service up to a maximum of 5 service days
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend