Senior Engineer - Current Manufacturing Engineering (MES006)
Job no: 498637
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
This position forms part of the team responsible for delivering manufacturing process that is safe, achieves quality delivery and cost targets.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Process Development and Maintenance: Responsible for the production of detailed process operation sheets, including visual aids to ensure standard manufacturing process.
• Process Control: Utilise PFMEA to create and maintain a control plan for processes. Employ Statistical Process Control techniques and drive improvements by reducing process variability.
• Facilities / Layout: Liaise with Facilities and Production to determine efficient station layouts. Liaise with external suppliers of equipment and compile necessary documents for implementation and approval.
• Resources: Work with Industrial Engineers to identify continuous improvement opportunities in the process.
• Tooling: Select appropriate tools, jigs and fixtures, including specialised hand tools, power tool to meet vehicle, quality and hours per car targets, whilst ensuring operator safety targets are achieved.
• Health and Safety: Liaise with the Health and Safety department to ensure all processes and materials are suitable for the manufacturing environment
• Production Support: Investigate and resolve Manufacturing Engineering related build issues, providing timely containments to ensure that product quality is not compromised, investigating root cause and countermeasure implementation.
• Change Management: Ensure new or modified product content is integrated seamlessly into the production environment
• Technical Support: Provide information about build process, sequence and technical specifications for next generation platforms to colour development, design team and current vehicle production teams.
• Documentation: Maintain engineering documents and records in compliance with legal and company requirements.
Experience and Qualifications:
- HNC / Engineering Degree or equivalent experience (a Masters level qualification would be highly regarded)
- Prior experience in a Manufacturing Engineering environment
- Knowledge of and experience in paint application in the manufacturing environment
- Sound IT literacy in both standard office tools (MS Office) and engineering software packages
- Effective and accurate written and communication ability
- Able to work as part of a cohesive team
- Creative problem solving ability
- A positive approach to conflict management
- Salary circa £37,000 per annum.
- Access to Mercedes car scheme.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – Matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend