Retail Designer - GIG009
Job no: 498634
Work type: Full Time - Contract
Location: Milton Keynes
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Part of the Retail Design team that ensures that all new dealer facilities and refurbishments meet our design standards to ensure the brand is professionally represented. This role will develop design layouts for dealers leading up to the production of design intent drawing packs. This is therefore a specialist position requiring very specific design knowledge and skills.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Review initial design requirements with the region and the dealer to understand what is needed within the overall design.
- Develop an initial design layout for the sales and aftersales area in line with Aston Martin’s Corporate Identity Standards.
- Work with the region and the dealer’s architect to discuss any required changes and ensure these are reflected in the design, answering any specific architectural points raised.
- Produce a set of design intent drawings including site plans, general arrangements, floor finishes, reflected ceiling and lighting plans, interior and exterior elevations plus furniture and finishes schedules.
- Once the dealer has translated these detailed requirements into construction drawings, work with the dealer and their architect to provide feedback on the drawings produced through to final approval.
- Liaise with our preferred suppliers on their specific requirements (e.g. lighting).
- The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualification & Experience:
- Full working knowledge on AutoCAD
- Ability to use Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Knowledge of 3d software, e.g. Google sketch up or equivalent
- Must be able to confidently converse with architects on design projects
- Experience of working in design environments and facility projects with strong technical knowledge.
- Previous experience with working with architectural plans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to confidently represent the company in front of dealers and architects.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to prioritise a high workload and quantity of projects.
- Excellent organisation skills with a high attention to detail.
- Highly articulate and able to form rational and valid cases for their opinions.
- Organised, detail orientated, self-motivated and works well under pressure.
- Must be confident and professional in order to represent the company.
- Ability to handle conflict when issues arise and find solutions that are agreeable to all parties
- Must be prepared to travel to dealers in the UK and Europe when required.
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, then we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend