MVEC Mechanical Technician - PGS012
Job no: 498566
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic. The Construction of the new facility in South Wales is now fully underway, joining the team, is becoming part of the history of the Brand and of the heritage of the such a prestigious product, in such a new fantastic state of the art location.
This role will see the right person joining the MVEC team - Manufacturing Vehicle Excellence Centre, this team has the absolute pleasure of touring the cars far and wide to present in Press events, showcasing the vehicles to the attendees in the utmost pristine conditions. The team also plays a part in ensuring all testing on the vehicles is completed – this includes driving each car through all conditions.
To support daily Press operations including Launch and all Track events - The Technician is expected to liaise with Customers & also Press Journalists (at all levels).
To prepare, service and maintain Aston Martin vehicles for customer, fleet & Press usage.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Completion of an appropriate automotive apprenticeship (or equivalent) and relevant experience.
- Ability to read, interpret and work to engineering drawings /process sheets.
- Good communication skills and a general understanding of computers.
- Clean Driving Licence
- Candidates should be aware that they might be required to work away from base (e.g. at another plant or abroad) for short periods of time.
- Salary £30,752
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme for Ford.
- Private Medical Cover - Single Cover, Family cover at an additional cost
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Holiday Bonus - £500 paid annually (pro-rata, dependent on length of service)
- Service Days - One service day for each 5 years of service up to a maximum of 5 service days
- Company pension scheme - Initial 5% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend