MVEC Auto Electrician - PGS009
Job no: 498561
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: St. Athan, South Wales
A career at Aston Martin means joining one of the world's most respected luxury automotive brands. With this opportunity available now, you have the chance to join us in a truly special working environment that is fast-paced, rewarding and dynamic. The Construction of the new facility in South Wales is now fully underway, joining the team, is becoming part of the history of the Brand and of the heritage of the such a prestigious product, in such a new fantastic state of the art location.
This role will see the right person joining the MVEC team - Manufacturing Vehicle Excellence Centre, this team has the absolute pleasure of touring the cars far and wide to present in Press events, showcasing the vehicles to the attendees in the utmost pristine conditions. The team also plays a part in ensuring all testing on the vehicles is completed – this includes driving each car through all conditions.
To provide electrical support to the Manufacturing vehicle experience centre.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- To seek and repair electrical faults on the vehicle (which may also involve removal and re-fitting of interior/exterior trim.)
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment for re-testing and verification process.
- Read and interpret diagnostic equipment output to minimise rework time/costs.
- Recording & Reporting of faults back through to relevant areas of production / engineering.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Engineers/suppliers with regard to electrical issues.
- Work on OTA download stations completing work to Takt and adhering to process instruction
- Be able to check vehicle specifications conform to build requirement/ customer options using the relevant documentation.
- Storage of controlled substances / components safely in correct location(s).
- Support quality, productivity and process improvements initiatives
- Adhere to company safety, housekeeping and discipline standards
Qualifications & Experience:
- A full electrical apprenticeship (or equivalent) and have relevant automotive experience.
- Specialized knowledge of auto electrics, harness manufacture, and electronic module experience (diagnostics) is necessary.
- The ability to read, interpret and work to engineering circuit drawings /process sheets is essential
- A knowledge of Aston Martin electrical architecture & VCATS would be advantageous
- Be able to work to Aston Martin build standards – interior and exterior trim
- In addition to the above the candidate should have good communication skills and be fully computer literat
- The successful applicant must be able to work on his/her own initiative and also cope under varied workloads.
THIS ROLE WILL REQUIRE YOU TO BE FLEXIBLE, TO ATTEND EVENTS WITH OUR VEHICLES.
- Salary £30,752
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme for Ford.
- Private Medical Cover - Single Cover, Family cover at an additional cost
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Holiday Bonus - £500 paid annually (pro-rata, dependent on length of service)
- Service Days - One service day for each 5 years of service up to a maximum of 5 service days
- Company pension scheme - Initial 5% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
How to apply
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend