Quality Inspector - QUG202
Job no: 498530
Work type: Shift Work - Contract
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit.
The Quality Inspector will conduct 100% final quality inspection and associated activities on Aston Martin vehicles upon completion of all manufacturing processes to ensure Cars sold meet or exceed Aston Martin Quality Standards. Inspection will include all vehicle attributes, fit, finish, function and paint, including repair confirmation.
The Successful applicant will be required to work on a three-shift rotation. Please note shift patters may change depending on the business requirements.
- Week 1: 06:00 till 14:00
- Week 2: 14:00 till 22:00
- Week 3: 22:00 till 06:00
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
Conduct 100% inspection in line with Aston Martin Quality Procedures;
- Cosmetic and Functional buy-off to quality standards.
- Confirmation of vehicle build to customer option and territory specific requirements.
- Ensure all manufacturing processes completed and signed off.
- Basic key static functional aspects for primary driver functions.
Conduct all associated processes with regard to final vehicle buy-off and pass-to-sales;
- Inspect all issues found from CAL & paint to ensure rectification activities have resolved original concern and not created new defects.
- Perform VCATS final buy-off to confirm electrical configuration and SW downloads.
- Operate Goldcrest Pass-to-Sales.
- Divert vehicles back to manufacturing if they fail to achieve quality standards.
- Control vehicle movement and management within inspection areas.
- Liaise with third party logistics carrier for handover of finished vehicles from Gaydon.
Support the rest of the Quality inspection team as required to ensure quality standards are always maintained in a flexible manner to support production volumes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in the motor vehicle industry.
- Experience of conducting vehicle audits.
- Knowledge and experience of vehicle repair and re-work.
- Clean and current driving license will be required.
- Contract role paying a base rate of £12.19 per hour (Excluding 22.5 % Shift allowance)
- Hourly Rate including Shift allowance will be paid at £14.93 per hour.
How to Apply:
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend