Safety Ergonomist HAS008
Job no: 498502
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon, Warwickshire, Various (West Midlands / South Wales)
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Ergonomics and Human Factors engineers/specialists are experts in the scientific discipline concerned with the understanding of interactions among humans and other elements of a system, and the profession that applies theory, principles, data and methods to design in order to optimize human well-being and overall system performance. This role is to improve the Ergonomic capability of Aston Martin Lagonda.
- Provide Ergonomic Human Factor technical support to all levels of the business.
- Utilize and further develop Ergonomic Human Factor protocols, standards, systems, and research techniques.
- Research into a better assessment method more suited to the nature of AML tasks.
- Manages outside suppliers.
- Negotiate with suppliers to find the best and most cost-effective solution.
- Act as AML representative for external client/customer relations.
- Provide accurate, well-defined, and articulate verbal and written presentations to internal and external customers.
- An example would be a written justification for purchasing equipment or gaining an extra production head which would be a technical report supported by data analysis.
- Oversee and coordinate the completion of all current manufacturing ergonomic risk assessments.
- Coordinate monthly assessment requirements through direct report and manufacturing Ergonomic Champions.
- Review/Approve MCR documents.
- Ensure CCAR actions are communicated and closed in a timely manner.
- Issue Identification and resolution for new models and facilities.
- Conduct virtual JACK software studies on CAD parts before and during virtual build phases.
- Carry out virtual and physical studies on new engineering facility changes, identifying issues and providing solutions before company buy off.
- Organisation and chairing of meetings with area directors within manufacturing, to report Ergonomic status, open issues and progress on solutions.
- Day to day management of AML hand arm vibration system.
- Overseeing tri-axil vibration magnitude tests completed for all vibration emitting tools.
- Overseeing the programming and fixing of tool ID tags.
- Overseeing maintenance of HAV monitoring equipment.
- Chairing working group meetings to discuss and report HAV status and on-going actions to ensure company adheres to legal requirements.
- Work in interdisciplinary teams including design and engineering disciplines to develop good processes, close working relationships, and successful products.
- provide technical consultation to problems within a specific area of engineering or for a specific project.
- Look to optimize solutions from a systems point of view by considering the effect of any change on other parts of the systems and supporting functions.
- Recommend methods or corrections in technical reviews to insure project completion.
- Sign-off change processes and design affecting operational demands, as required.
- Review proposed processes and equipment to ensure they align with company standards.
- Provide feedback and design changes where applicable dependant on review results.
- Carry out training to various departments and levels within the business.
- Conduct and analyse noise surveys for each manufacturing site.
- Produce technical report from findings.
- Create action plan from recommendations.
- Work cross functionally to ensure recommendations have been implemented.
- Working as part of a successful team ensuring safety of the workforce, updating policy and procedures as necessary to ensure company legal compliance.
- Work alongside Occupational Health as the Ergonomic Human Factors support with long term sickness absence cases.
- Oversee First Aid Stock levels ensuring orders are placed where required.
- Support other H&S team members where required.
- Provide advice and information to technicians and office workers how best to look after themselves to avoid RSI’s.
The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Ergonomics (Human Factors Design), or demonstrable experience.
- Working towards Chartered status (Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors as professional body) or relevant work experience required with a CIEHF recognised University course.
- Accredited competency in the management of Noise and hand arm vibration control – IOSH or similar professional body accredited, courses can differ in duration.
- Salary Circa - £36,000
- Access to Mercedes and Ford car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners
How to apply:
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Please click on the 'apply now' button to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to close the vacancy to applications earlier should we receive sufficient applications
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend