Parts Analyst (Permanent) - PAR007
Job no: 497490
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Wolverton Mill
Categories: Parts Operations
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
To ensure timely and efficient delivery of material required to meet departmental first time availability targets, and customer requirements, to optimise material planning and material flow, and provide support for the purchasing department and an associated analytical function.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Control the supply of components/materials to on-site receiving areas and off-site warehouses from the UK/overseas suppliers. Control, determine and prioritise daily/weekly requirements by obtaining and analysing information pertaining to inventory status and customer orders, receiving facility/supply constraints, internal/external disputes, quality/packaging/transport problems etc.
- To effectively and accurately communicate shipment and delivery information within Parts Operations.
- Raise, issue and control supplier schedules so as to maintain efficient stock levels in support of departmental first time availability and inventory objectives.
- Experience of cross functional supply chains and the ability to manage internal relationships.
- Identify and manage supply constraints on a daily basis and to plan/instigate appropriate resolution.
- Monitor outstanding purchase orders, ensuring timely delivery in support of customer orders and minimum stocking levels.
- To support the Buyer with all supplier performance related issues.
Qualification & Experience:
- GCSE level standard of education, or equivalent experience in stock control.
- Understanding and experience of expediting techniques.
- Experience of working in a technical purchasing role in an automotive environment.
- Understanding of Incoterms.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Good analytical skills, ability to manipulate and analyse large amounts of data.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with both internal and external departments at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy.
- Able to use all Microsoft applications, Excel to an advanced level, and be fully conversant with all AML applications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and to be able to escalate issues to achieve an optimum resolution.
- A developed sense of the concept of customer service and the ability to go the extra mile to deliver solutions.
- Strong team working skills.
- Salary, circa £33,000
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme for Ford.
- Private Medical Cover - Single Cover, Family cover at an additional cost
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Holiday Bonus.
- Service Days - One service day for each 5 years of service up to a maximum of 5 service days.
- Company pension scheme - Initial 3% company contributions rising (after two years' service) to double-matched company contributions of up to 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
We are continuing to drive the delivery of our 2nd Century Plan across our entire business, helped by record sales in 2018, a new state of the art site nearing completion and the strongest model line-up in our history, however without our people all this would count for nothing. If the above sounds like you, and you feel ready to take the next exciting step in your already successful career by becoming part of the Aston Martin family, helping us to create and deliver the most beautiful & accomplished automotive art in the world, then we would love to hear from you.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend