ALIAS Modeller - DES997
Job no: 497469
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon/Milton Keynes
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
We are searching for an ALIAS modeller who is an expert in the use of Grasshopper. Willing to transfer those skills over into Dynamo and help develop the design studio’s capability in this area. Develop 3D computational design models for Class A production, Show car production and theme selection, and develop advanced algorithms to solve complex geometrical problems.
Deliver for visual evaluation in both 2D and 3D. Produce models for evaluation in both RPT & milling applications.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Supporting the Studio Design Team to enable the delivery of both digital and physical design properties.
- Work directly with the Designers to develop 3D Digital model data.
- Develop advanced algorithms to support the surfacing team with templates for most commonly used scenarios
- Generate Alias models suitable for milling/RPT applications (e.g. closed volume STL files).
- Contribute effectively to team technical discussions to ensure that the component engineers understand proposed design changes.
- Supporting the Designers with the generation of 3D models from 2D proposals/verbal directions.
- Provide technical information and support to senior management for design reviews.
- Carry out special projects, as directed by management.
- Plan and prioritise own workload.
- Proactive approach to work and group interaction.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent engineering related discipline, with relevant automotive experience.
- Autodesk Alias proficiency with Grasshopper or Dynamo experience.
- 2D Presentation/Animation ability in addition to Class A surfacing expertise.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing tooling requirements.
- Working knowledge of PhotoShop /photo editing software.
- RPT/Milling plus Clay Model support understanding.
- Proficient with V-Red Design
- Competitive salary
- Access to Mercedes and Ford car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend