ALIAS Modeller - DES999
Job no: 497467
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Location: Gaydon/Milton Keynes
Aston Martin is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real.
Develop 3D digital models in Alias for Class A production, Showcar production and theme selection. For visual evaluation in both 2D and 3D. Produce models for evaluation in both RPT & milling applications.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Supporting the Studio Design Team to enable the delivery of both digital and physical design properties.
- Work directly with the Designers, Clay Modelling and Studio Engineering teams to develop 3D Digital model data.
- Prepare renderings, drawings & CAD models of design proposals in support of the Design Release Process.
- Generate High Integrity data as/where necessary - to defined AML 'A' class standard – i.e. suitable for transfer into other CAD systems (principally NX).
- Generate Alias models suitable for milling/RPT applications (e.g. closed volume STL files).
- Contribute effectively to team technical discussions to ensure that the component engineers understand proposed design changes.
- Supporting the Designers with the generation of 3D models from 2D proposals/verbal directions.
- Provide technical information and support to senior management for design reviews.
- Carry out special projects, as directed by management.
- Plan and prioritise own workload.
- Proactive approach to work and group interaction.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent engineering related discipline
- Relevant automotive experience is desired but not essential,
- Autodesk Alias proficiency with OEM studio experience.
- 2D Presentation/Animation ability in addition to Class A surfacing expertise.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing tooling requirements.
- Working knowledge of PhotoShop /photo editing software.
- RPT/Milling plus Clay Model support understanding.
- Proficient with V-Red Design
- Competitive salary
- Access to Mercedes and Ford car schemes.
- Private Medical Cover - Single cover, Family cover at an additional cost.
- Health Shield Cash Plan.
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Individual Performance Bonus (IPB).
- Contributory pension scheme – 3% matched for years 1 & 2, rising to double. matched contribution from year 3 to a maximum employer contribution of 12%.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend